Hi, forgive me, I've searched for the last who knows long looking to see if ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EnergyMan no está en línea Stack level 1

Trouble entering the Network MEP Code

Advertisement

Hi, forgive me, I've searched for the last who knows long looking to see if this problem has already been answered, but to no avail.
    I have a Pearl 8100, locked to the English Vodafone. V/fone have supplied the unlock code with instructions.

1. Using the menu go to Settings Menu ->SIM card press select
    2. While holding the SHIFT key, type ‘mepd’
    3. You should now see the five locking categories listed.
    4. While holding the SHIFT KEY, type ‘mep2’
    5. Release the shift key.
    6. You are now prompted to enter the Network MEP Code. ( It will also state how many attempts left).
    7.Enter 2392190840728840 then Return/Enter
    8. The device should then be unlocked.

So away I go - I get through number 3 ok (using meppd as discussed on differing forums here, not mepd as suggested) - and have the 5 locking categories, underneath a heading of SIM Card Security Disabled, the ID number and then personalisation which shows all 5 as Disabled.This is where I come unstuck - I cannot raise the Prompt shown in point 6, now matter how I try and enter the mep2, or indeed the mepp2 - whether I hold the Shift key or not, whether I hold the shift key and the alt key to input the 2, or release the shift key before using the alt for the 2.Losing the will to live features prominently here. Can anybody help a stinky new boy who's crashing?
    Thanks.

Re: Trouble entering the Network MEP Code

Err, I apologise for the message I sent now looks gobbledegook. Hope you can make sense of it. And anybody enlighten me as to what happened here?

Thanks

Sp@d3r no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251ACEE8

Thumbs up Re: Trouble entering the Network MEP Code

EnergyMan,

To do this first do alt and then caps, this will keep it all caps without holding down the caps key. Then enter MEPPD instead of MEPD

Do the same again with the alt and caps keys and then type MEPP2 using the alt to do the 2.

This will work. If you have any other issues please don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
    Sp@d3r

Hi, and thanks for the reply. Having rang Vodafone, RIM and BlackBerry, I'm pretty near to needing therapy. I'm trying what you've suggested, but the screen still looks no different. I can see the 5 locking areas, SIM/Network/Network Subset etc, all showing diabled, but still can't raise the prompt where I can tap in the unlock code. Is there a reason for this?

PIN/ID
    251ACEE8

EnergyMan pub meand I'll give you my number to call. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    251ACEE8

EnergyMan PIN me and I'll give you my number to call. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

badjean_1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can anybody help me , i having a little problem with entering the Network MEP Code

I do don't have anycode ... For BB 8100 Orange Uk
    can anybody help ?

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

Energyman, I think the reason that you cannot put meppd in is because your phone is allready unlocked judging by what you say.

You say that all the categories are marked 'disabled' if that is the case then according to what I have read on the forum it is unlocked.

Do a search for 'how do I know my blackberry is unlocked.

Hope this helps

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by badjean_1 View Post
    Can anybody help me , i having a little problem with entering the Network MEP Code

can anybody help ?
    You can try getting a code from Orange or failing that try an unlocking website ( you will have to pay )

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by badjean_1 View Post

can anybody help ?
    You need to get the code from Orange or purchase a code. Don't use the code posted or else if you you keep trying it will be permenately locked.

YOU NEED YOU OWN CODE.

khmu no está en línea Stack level 1

Heyyyy

I have a Blackberry pearl 8100 that i got from Rogers but its locked and i wanna use it outside canada can anyone pleaseeee help me how to unlock it or give me a code to unlock

thanks

yvano no está en línea Stack level 1

same problem

I got a brand new Blackberry T-mobile Curve 8320, and in a few weeks i'm going back to Europe (where i live), i wonder how can i do to have a unlock Code number for using my phone with a prepaid card (anyone) and use it as well back in europe !
    Can u please help me more cuz i don't know nothing bout those blackberries but it seems to be a great phone !

thank you for your patience !

YvaNo

sachinkhalipe no está en línea Stack level 1

mep code for black berry 8110

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    You need to get the code from Orange or purchase a code. Don't use the code posted or else if you you keep trying it will be permenately locked.

YOU NEED YOU OWN CODE.
    dear sir
    i need a black berry code of 8110 pls help me for that

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Umm...the prior 3 folks to ask for code (good idea to read the posts before asking, no?)
    You should first ask the carrier for the unlock code for your phone.
    If they refuse to give it to you, then you need to go to an unlocking site, pay them and they will get you an unlock code for your phone.

(no-one here can get you an unlock code for your phone).

And khmu - if you just mean roaming outside of Canada, that would work with a Rogers SIM already...if you mean to be based outside of Canada permanently, yes, you need an unlock code.