Intro: Help! I'm a new BB user. I have a Blackberry Pearl & am on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mmiddl no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Trouble Assigning Ringtones to Contacts on Pearl!

Advertisement

Intro: Help! I'm a new BB user. I have a Blackberry Pearl & am on business enterprise & have a data plan.

Problem: I downloaded several ringtones from tuneusin.com and now when I try to assign them to users (both via the contact list and via the exception list on phone profile), it will not work. I seem to be able to change a contact's custom tone ONE TIME, and then if I try to change it again, it shows the right custom tune assigned to the exception (in profile) and contact, but when the person calls the old ringtone plays. The only way I can find around this is to DELETE Contact & exception all together, then add them as new contact & choose the custom tune I want. What a nightmare! Does anyone have tips on this?

Problem 2: This problem just occured yesterday- I was deleting calls out of the call log last night, and now when those people call again the call shows up in the log for about 10 minutes and then it is not there anymore. Whereas usually I see a list of all recent calls (missed, answered, etc), now I see none. Any thoughts on how to fix that?

riteshjain no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Trouble Assigning Ringtones to Contacts on Pearl!

I also faced the first problem. I assigned custom ring tones to my contacts but when they called, the default ring-tone played. I didn't try to delete the contact and add it back. For me, the problem went away after I rebooted the Pearl by removing the battery.

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

yes..I have the same problem as you guys about Custom tone per each contact...the only way I figured out like the Above said....when i pulled the battery....kinda annoying knowing in order for it to work is to pull the battery.

Bigv69er no está en línea Stack level 3

yeah... pulling the battery solves many issues..

its the way the cell reboots its self

pearlsrock no está en línea Stack level 2

I wish I had the answer.Ive had the exact same situations.Hopefully someone can chime in.I tried voicemail tones and alert tones and it does the same thing as the contact issue.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Battery pull should do the fix for both issues. I know alot of ppl had this same problem with #1 and thats how they were doing it if the battery pull dont help

mmiddl no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you all SO much!! I pulled out the battery for a minute & upon restarting it works like a charm! Great tips!