Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well I want to know which is Bette holux 236 or holux 240. And wuts ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shayne63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20E0D453

Re: Tried out the Blackberry Maps GPS this weekend

Advertisement

Well I want to know which is Bette holux 236 or holux 240. And wuts the difference ?
    Thanks
    Shayne
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    20E0D453

so i have been lookin at ebay till my pearl got to low on battery lol , but i want to get the 240 it looks like you can get it for around 60 to 80 dollars total thats after the 20 shipping n handlin .. the 236 is cool too a lil cheaper but i want the small one lol. there about the same both should use the same charger hook up with 20 sattelites and will work with smart phones so im gunna get the 240 . ill let you all know how it works and ask you all ?'s when i have problmes gettin it hooked up ahaha.

thanks
    shayne

PIN/ID
    20E0D453

although they do have these gps recievers that are a lil bigger not much bigger then the pearl it looks like that are a lot stronger of a reciever and more powerfull , and there a heck of a lot cheaper it seems. i think they are still compatable with our phones but i could be wrong. its the m-1000 32 channel .

PIN/ID
    20E0D453

ok i onon any more i wanted the 240 cuz its slick and small n sexy lol but the m 1000 is cheaper and better performance wise jsut not as nice lookin .. can someone tell me what i should do .. i mean the performance isnt tooo crazy diff the price is like 40 diff and jeez i onon i always do this when it comes to stuff like this... advice or at least what you guys might like.

Blackdevice no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Questions on Blackberry Maps GPS

Can u still use Map GPS if you dont have a DATA Plan? Am I able to get the receiver and instantly use the GPS? Please reply i would like to know.

Thanks..

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Another thread was just discussing Nav4All and indicated it is a free app with verbal turn by turn Navi. I have not tried to verify yet.

khmer_gentleman no está en línea Stack level 1

would any bluetooth GPS reciever work?

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ultraspaz
    I was really looking forward to the Google Map update so I could use my Holux GPS dongle with it. I thought it would be a lot better then Blackberry Maps because of Satellite view and traffic allerts but I've found myself using Blackberry Maps more then Google's. Blackberry Maps seamed to lock up less often then Google maps. Blackberry backlight doesn't timeout during use. Blackberry Map's directions can be displayed along with the moving map display. Just my own opinion but unless Google fixes some of these little bugs I'll have to keep using Blackberry Maps who will hopefully add voice directions some day.
    I just downloaded the new Google Maps mobile with Bluetooth GPS support and it works fine. I prefer Google Maps over BB Maps any day and so this upgrade is really great. Once you locate your position with the GPS receiver, the "blue dot" moves with you and shows you the direction you're moving. OK, so there's no turn-by-turn or voice navigation/direction but it works for me (I can navigate just using a map, thank you very much). I have had no problems with Google Maps locking up. I took a long drive for two hours and GMaps/GPS kept up very well.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Questions on Blackberry Maps GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdevice
    Can u still use Map GPS if you dont have a DATA Plan? Am I able to get the receiver and instantly use the GPS? Please reply i would like to know.

Thanks..
    If you don't have unlimited DATA plan you will incur a lot of fees... get the plan ($19.95) a month if you plan to use GPS a lot -- downloading the maps will cost you if you don't have the plan.

PIN/ID
    20E0D453

I got my 240 and it works great w\ BB maps. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

J.A.P.A.N1997 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32BD4743

Thanks for the great information.
    Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by khmer_gentleman
    would any bluetooth GPS reciever work?
    I don't see why it wouldn't.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by maestrowork
    I just downloaded the new Google Maps mobile with Bluetooth GPS support and it works fine. I prefer Google Maps over BB Maps any day and so this upgrade is really great. Once you locate your position with the GPS receiver, the "blue dot" moves with you and shows you the direction you're moving. OK, so there's no turn-by-turn or voice navigation/direction but it works for me (I can navigate just using a map, thank you very much). I have had no problems with Google Maps locking up. I took a long drive for two hours and GMaps/GPS kept up very well.
    What receiver are you using?

fiver no está en línea Stack level 1

I was thinking of buying a Tmobile Curve, like the wifi, but if I have a GPS "puck" using bluetooth, can I have a conversation on my bluetooth headset at the same time? Someone else asked this question but I didnt see a response.
    Thanks
    Dustin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123