how does one change the email downloading from automatic to manual so i can choose ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

abfinvail no está en línea Stack level 1

Question traveling overseas; want to turn off automatic email download setting

Advertisement

how does one change the email downloading from automatic to manual so i can choose when and how often to have emails dowload to my BB Pearl?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Go to Manage Connections, select Mobile Network Options, and hit [Space] to change Data Services to Off. You can try Off When Roaming, but Off will guarantee that you don't get any data charges.

This will make your BlackBerry a Cell Phone. No Internet, no email. Only Phone (and SMS).

OS 4.2.1 or higher is required.
    JerryD

Question

thank you---i assume if i want to check my mail on a daily basis, i just switch back to orignal settings or is there a 'send/receive' button i can hit to have everything download?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You should get your email pretty quickly after setting Data to On. You can try Reconcile Now from the Messages menu, but you shouldn't need it.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you re-enable data though and get flooded with email then you havent really done yourself any favors b/c the data consumed would have been the same had you left email on the whole time. Maybe have your email forwarded to a webmail account so you can access from a public computer or something.

re-getting all the email at once--- i asked that question to the AT&T person and she did not seem to understand, but did say while the size would be the same the roaming charges to search for the email would be much less frequent...........thank you