Not sure what is going on as I never had a travel charger for my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Prophet_PVD no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CE081

Question Travel Charger Issues...

Advertisement

Not sure what is going on as I never had a travel charger for my 7290... In any case, as long as I use the USB 2 cable to charge my 8100 everything is dandy.

However, if I try to use the travel charger, the green light will come on momentarily, blink once or twice and then nothing. I turned on the handset so that I could see the battery icon hoping that perhaps the display light was malfunctioning, but sure enough, just like the charge light on the exterior of the phone, the charge indicator on the display would blink once, and then go out.

Anybody else seeing this? Am I doing something wrong?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    travel charger. is it bb brand? my razr one won't charge the bb
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Prophet_PVD no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CE081
    Yep... it's the one that came with the Pearl.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    my opinion the charger is the culprit. try pressing down on or in or up etc. etc. see if a pin is to blame. thats my guess
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    either way let me know

asotelo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yep, same thing has been happening to me the past few days. My 8100 is about 3 months old and the BB charger used to be trouble free. Now I plug it in at night and in the AM the battery is in the red, saying "low battery". Unptive that the connection feels a litle looser now. However, I recharge it on my computer at work and no problem.The computer USB connection feels solid too. Has anybe else found a similar problem with the usb travel charger on the 8100?

shelley28 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Travel Charger Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by asotelo
    Yep, same thing has been happening to me the past few days. My 8100 is about 3 months old and the BB charger used to be trouble free. Now I plug it in at night and in the AM the battery is in the red, saying "low battery". Unptive that the connection feels a litle looser now. However, I recharge it on my computer at work and no problem.The computer USB connection feels solid too. Has anybe else found a similar problem with the usb travel charger on the 8100?
    almost a week now since i got my blackberry, anyways i used my laptop now to charge my balckberry coz whenever i used the travel charger that comes along my pearl it won't charge, what seems to be the problem???

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by shelley28
    almost a week now since i got my blackberry, anyways i used my laptop now to charge my balckberry coz whenever i used the travel charger that comes along my pearl it won't charge, what seems to be the problem???
    I'm assuming, you've already tried it in several different outlets so it's probably a defective charger.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    I'm assuming, you've already tried it in several different outlets so it's probably a defective charger.
    it used to work before, i tried 2 outlets actually one at home and here at the office, it won't charge now i don't risk charge it again using the travel charger for fear something worse might happen with my unit

n.nichols no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E08383

Give Tech support a call. My wife had a defective mini USB plug and had to have the phone replace.

Quote Originally Posted by n.nichols
    Give Tech support a call. My wife had a defective mini USB plug and had to have the phone replace.
    ahhh the problem am already in manila, i bought this in the states last month.. but i was able to charge it here for like 3 times..

anyone here know an international hotline?