Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

When all else fails call BB tech support or you provider tech support.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Re: Transferring Media Files Via Bluetooth

Advertisement

When all else fails call BB tech support or you provider tech support.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Smile Re: Transferring Media Files Via Bluetooth

Called Cingular tech support (after online live tech support had no idea what I was talking about). After explaining the problem, was told that they didn't support that function on the Pearl. (WHAT!?!) They transferred me to RIM tech support, where I was asked to pay $49 to get help with this issue. (Again, WHAT!?!) I asked the guy if I understood him correctly, that I have to pay $49 to get something fixed on a device that I purchased not quite a month ago? He then sent me back to Cinular's own BB support division. Which is a crock. The lady I was speaking with again had no idea what I was even talking about. She was simply searching through the 8100 user's guide. It became almost comical after a few minutes, because I was reading mine on my PC along with her. She tried telling me that BT transfer of files isn't even possible, and that I'd have to use the media manager on desktop connect. (Come on lady) I had to keep telling her where to look in the user's guide to find stuff. She finally contacted RIM. She was now chatting live with RIM tech support. She told me that he even siad I'd have to use desktop connect. Frustrated, I told her what I thought about this whole tech support situation (calmly, of course). She then offered to connect me back to RIM. I told her I was not going to pay for tech support on a device that was less than 30 days old. Somehow she ended up working a way where I didn't have to pay RIM.

RIM told me that there are two other Pearls with the same problem being reported in their database. However, I've been on hold now for 25 minutes waiting for the tech to come back on the line with the solution. CRAP! I should've called from my BB, because I really need to pee!

I'll post later with the solution, if it exists. I really gotta go.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Is he searching the threads here for an answer? LOL
    not meaning to laugh at your situation. I feel for ya!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Thumbs up Re: Transferring Media Files Via Bluetooth

OK, that's better. LOL

The RIM tech just came back and told me the DL on this situation. Believe it or not it's a design flaw (at least with the Cingular OS, don't know about others). All Pearls, no matter which OS, have this same problem. He spoke to "a member of the escalation team", and they too were shocked to hear about this, especially for the first time. He said that it will be fixed in the next OS release. He told me that nobody had thus far brought this to RIM's attention. There is a work around, though. It's kind of a pain, but it works for now.

1) When receiving via BT, after the connection has been established, you get a window to confirm the destination of the file being transferred.

2) Next to the name of the destination folder, is a small folder icon. Select it.

3) You will be taken to a window where your only optional folder is "Up". Select that folder.

4) The next window will contain four choices: "Up", "Media Card", "Preloaded Media", and "Device Memory". Highlight "Media Card" and press the menu button (to the left of the trackball).

5) You are now given a list options, select "Explore".

6) The next window has three options: "Up", "Media Card", and "Device Memory". Highlight and select "Media Card".

7) Now you have two options: "Up" and ""blackberry". Highlight and select "blackberry".

8) You are now given five choices: "Up", "music", "pictures", "ringtones", and "videos". Highlight, but do not select the desired destination; i.e. "music".

9) Instead press the menu key again. On your list of options, scroll to the top to "Select". Highlight and select it.

10) You are now taken back to the transfer confirmation screen. Highlight and select "Save".

You're now on your way. This seems complicated, but it isn't. It is a pain, however.

As a side note to the next OS release. Before ending my call with the tech from RIM, I asked about the integration of A2DP. He so much as confirmed that it is indeed going to become reality. He also commented to the time frame of the next OS release. He wouldn't give a date, but he did say it would be "very soon".

I hope this work around helps you all out. If anybody has any q's, let me know. I might not have been specific enough in my instructions.
    Last edited by russcrypto; 04-12-2007 at 11:26 PM.

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

WOW! seems like a lot to go through just to get the files into the right folder. Thanks for posting the follow-up/resolution.

I am way excited about A2DP!!!! Can't release it soon enough!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12