Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

While attempting (unsuccessfully) to send mp3 files to my wife's Pearl, I ran into a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Transferring Media Files Via Bluetooth

Advertisement

While attempting (unsuccessfully) to send mp3 files to my wife's Pearl, I ran into a rather confusing problem. When prompted for where to save the file, I can't choose any location other than "ringtones". I have not encounterd this problem on my Pearl, and both devices have the exact same settings.
    I have tried a battery pull and even reformatting the micro SD card. I have run out of ideas. Has anyone else had this problem?

As a side note, while my wife and I both have Pearls from Cingular, our phones are noticeably different aesthetically. My wife's keypad and screen have a yellowish tint to them. Mine are white with maybe a very slight blue tint. I thought maybe one of our phones came from another region (i.e. Canada) because of some other discrepencies between our phones.

If anybody has any ideas, please do share. I know I can't be the only one to encounter either of these problems.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Transferring Media Files Via Bluetooth

you need to be in the folder that you are sending FROM and she needs to be in the folder that she wants to SAVE to ... and then she chooses 'receive using bluetooth'

try that...see if it works. i send files to my hubby all the time via BT

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Yes, I know how it is "supposed to work". I share files with people at work all the time.

The problem is that her phone, even while in the desired destination folder, defaults to save the file in the ringtones folder instead of the music folder. When I try to change the destination, it does not allow to select anything outside of the ringtones section. Meaning that when I navigate "up" out of the media card folder in the ringtones section (the appearent default), I have four choices: 1)Up, 2)Media Card, 3)Preloaded Memory, and 4)Device Memory. When I select the "up" choice, I am taken back to the original folder (ringtones/media card. Whereas, I should be taken to the main media menu.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Yes, I know how it is "supposed to work". I share files with people at work all the time.

The problem is that her phone, even while in the desired destination
    folder, defaults to save the file in the ringtones folder instead of the music folder. When I try to change the destination, it does not allow to select anything outside of the ringtones section. Meaning that when I navigate "up" out of the media card folder in the ringtones section (the appearent default), I have four choices: 1)Up, 2)Media Card, 3)Preloaded Memory, and 4)Device Memory. When I select the "up" choice, I am taken back to the original folder (ringtones/media card. Whereas, I should be taken to the main media menu.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

You should be able to choose where they go. After selecting receive using bluetooth it should give you the option to save where you want to. Scroll up to the folder and select it. Select the folder.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

I know it should let me select where I want it to go, but it doesn't. That's the problem.

JokerN1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2528CE64

I can receive files OK using the 'Receive using Bluetooth' option but cant send anything.
    I can connect to other bluetooth users OK but when I select 'send using bluetooth' it looks as if it's trying then fails after a few minutes.
    Very infuriating!

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Are you trying to send the files to another phone? Or to a computer?

JokerN1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2528CE64

To another phone. I havent tried to send to another Blackberry yet (none of my friends have been bitten by the bug yet!).

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Test: sending mp3 ringtone
    - from Pearl to Dell Latitude D600: success
    - from Pearl to Siemens S75: success
    - from Pearl to Nokia 6233: success
    - from Latitude D600 to Pearl: success

Ringtone is home-made part of soundtrack melody cut to 44sec playtime and speed adjusted to play faster than original recording .
    File was on memory card, so Pearl was not connected to laptop (charging source) with USB cable.
    Files from Pearl which were preinstalled (pictures, ringtones...) are probably copy protected (DRM), so no send option for them...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

With my Pearl, I've had success with both sending and receiving to numerous devices. The problem is just with my wife's Pearl.

I'm thinking, defective maybe? Although this is my first experience with BB, I would consider myself quite tech savvy, and have tried almost everything I can think of.

I have one idea left. Before I did any BT transferring of files with my BB, I had already out some mp3's on my Pearl via usb from PC. I wonder if that has any thing to do with it. I'll try to do that with wife's Pearl, and are if that makes any difference.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Transfering Mp3's isnt always a succes on bluetooth, it has something to do with the bitrate.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

With the bitrate? All my mp3's are VBR coded, with VBR set to 160/266.
    I have no issues with BT transfer.
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea, I don't think it's bitrate. My bitrates are all over the place and VBR too. I've never had an issue transfering files with bluetooth. I just think bluetooth is a little finicky (sp?) when it wants to transfer files or not.

Or you devices are not paired correctly.

It took me quite a while with windows xp to get the correct drivers. I bought a cheap a$$ kensington bluetooth dongle and the CD drivers were crap. Finally after days of searching and tinkering I got the native window xp drivers. Works wonders.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Well, I've tried everything now. The phone does just fine receiving files via usb, but still no luck via bluetooth. There's got to be some sort of bug. It will receive files, but only allows you to choose ringtones folder as destination. Once that file is received and saved in the ringtone section, it will not allow to move the file to the folder of choice.

I'm at a loss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast