okay i currently have a 8100 with numbers saved on the phone. i just got ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chronic_carl no está en línea Stack level 2

transfering numbers....

Advertisement

okay i currently have a 8100 with numbers saved on the phone. i just got my replacment in the mail today and i need to know how to switch the numbers over to my new phone. i probly didnt look hard enough but i really dont wanna mess anything up.

thanks

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    you need to sync them with some program on your pc like outlook
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you can send the address book via bluetooth as well. What carrier you got? If you have a SIM Card, try saving all your contacts to the SIM Card.

i have at&t. sadly you cannot stransfer the numbers to your sim.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Are you planning on transferring your numbers to another BB device? If so, you can your tour desktop manager and select the option switch devices. If you plan on getting the numbers transferred from your BB to outlook, there is also an option in your desktop manager that is to sync. If you are afraid to mess something up, there is another option in your desktop manager that is backup. let us know if we can help you put in anyway. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

i just want to switch numbers to my new pearl.

it doesnt have a battery or sim (im just switching them over). this wont be a problem doing the switch devices right?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Another way is to do a backup (from old 8100) and restore (to new 8100).

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you've not got MS Outlook on your computer, I'd suggest doing as was mentioned above and use the Desktop Manager switch device feature (essentially transfers the databases from one handset to another).

However, if you do have MS Outlook and plan to go that route, you'll need to be cauttious about 'mixing' handset contacts and outlook contacts (i.e. you may have the same contacts on your handset that you do in Outlook and end up with double ups. That's ok, as you can then edit what's in Outlook before you sync with your new device).

Another benefit of using the Switch Device feature in DM, is that it transfers most (if not all) the databases between handsets (inc. profiles!).

Just My thoughts...

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    That's correct, you shouldn't have a problem just using desktop manager to change devices. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~