Results 1 to 13 of 13

hi simple question ...... i transfer music to my bb by simply dragging it from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    airmasterfly's Avatar
    airmasterfly no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23

    transfering music to bb

    Advertisement



    hi
    simple question ...... i transfer music to my bb by simply dragging it from one file to the bb music file folder on my comp.
    the file im dragging my music from is from my ruckus player folder and when i do drag it on my music folder it shows its on the bb music folder with the windows media icon next to it but when i disconnect from my computer and check on it again its shows its not there on the meda card on my bb....

    what could be the problem.........
    also i uninstalled my bb cd program for the computer beacause i never used it that way....

  2. #2
    davidscott's Avatar
    davidscott no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    32c28f5e
    Posts
    102

    Re: transfering music to bb

    Is your Media card on Mass storage?.. and are you using the default app. to load music on to your bb?


    oh oh and has it been formated?
    Last edited by davidscott; 11-06-2007 at 01:32 AM. Reason: oops.

  3. #3
    airmasterfly's Avatar
    airmasterfly no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23

    Re: transfering music to bb

    im not sure .... how would i check those things

  4. #4
    Ranz's Avatar
    Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: transfering music to bb

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~get the latest DM. It has roxio on it. Works good. It will allow you to convert for playback. And will allow you to save it to a target like your media card! Good luck!

  5. #5
    airmasterfly's Avatar
    airmasterfly no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23

    Re: transfering music to bb

    davidscott..... yes its on mass storage ...what do you mean by default app? you mean the bb cd its comes with?

  6. #6
    airmasterfly's Avatar
    airmasterfly no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    23

    Re: transfering music to bb

    ranz... the latest dm?

  7. #7
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: transfering music to bb

    I don't understand why people even use Roxio. You DON'T need any special application to get music to your BB.

    As long as you have a MicroSD card formatted for your BB.

    All you have to do is Turn on MASS Storage Mode.
    Plug it in.
    Look for it under My Computer.
    Open it up and drag and drop the Music you want to the Music Folder on the Card.

    Easy and you're done.

    You don't need Roxio

  8. #8
    Ranz's Avatar
    Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Posts
    3,614
    Quote Originally Posted by airmasterfly View Post
    ranz... the latest dm?
    DM is desktop manager Hopefully someone can link ya. I'm on bb so I can't link ya!

  9. #9
    Ranz's Avatar
    Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Posts
    3,614
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    I don't understand why people even use Roxio. You DON'T need any special application to get music to your BB.

    As long as you have a MicroSD card formatted for your BB.

    All you have to do is Turn on MASS Storage Mode.
    Plug it in.
    Look for it under My Computer.
    Open it up and drag and drop the Music you want to the Music Folder on the Card.

    Easy and you're done.

    You don't need Roxio
    You have a very good point!

  10. #10
    davidscott's Avatar
    davidscott no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    32c28f5e
    Posts
    102

    Re: transfering music to bb

    hes right but i like to use it to preview everything before i put it in.. and organizes everything for you..
    personal prefrence

  11. #11
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: transfering music to bb

    Quote Originally Posted by davidscott View Post
    hes right but i like to use it to preview everything before i put it in.. and organizes everything for you..
    personal prefrence
    Roxio works too. I just find it an unnecessary step. Rather just open drop and unplug.

  12. #12
    tackdetack's Avatar
    tackdetack no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    576

    Re: transfering music to bb

    I actaully cant view my pearl in my computer, Ive tried updating my phone, formatting the card, changing the settings and then i went out a bought a new card.

    I know just use an external card reader and plug thr microSD into an SD card and that into my usb and that works.

    Its alot more time to unplug everything and take out the card but i like using the explorer look and feel when i manage files.
    -You don't need eyes to see, You need Vision.

  13. #13
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: transfering music to bb

    Quote Originally Posted by tackdetack View Post
    I actaully cant view my pearl in my computer, Ive tried updating my phone, formatting the card, changing the settings and then i went out a bought a new card.

    I know just use an external card reader and plug thr microSD into an SD card and that into my usb and that works.

    Its alot more time to unplug everything and take out the card but i like using the explorer look and feel when i manage files.
    so you can't view it as a removable drive when it's turned to mass storage?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •