Sorry if this has been posted already. I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

flava no está en línea Stack level 2

Transfering from phone book to SIM card

Advertisement

Sorry if this has been posted already. I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out how to transfer all of my updated information from my phone address book to the SIM card, and the only way possible seems to type every entry as a new SIM entry. Is there any other quicker way. I have noticed there is an option to transfer from SIM to phone book. Is there no option to transfer the other way around, from phone book to SIM?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Transfering from phone book to SIM card

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~There used to be a way on the older models like the 7520, it had an option in the address book "transfer to sim phone book".

For some reason it seems they have done away with that option.

stkelly8 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DEE9B7
    Just found your site. Looks great..I am looking forward to seeing what the 8700c can do!

pakxelaos no está en línea Stack level 2

It works,but it will only copy one number at a time, if you have more than one for the same name, you have to do each serparatly, and it won't copy addresses or other items rather than phone#.
    Here: Click the name you want to copy it will bring up the view of that contact, now move the cursor next to that number, hit menu key bring up the menu which contain " Copy to SIM phone Book" after you click on it the name "phone book entry" show up contain name and number, then click the trackball will bring up "save" menu then click save....now you've done
    Last edited by pakxelaos; 10-10-2006 at 06:56 PM.

flava no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks...

pakxelaos no está en línea Stack level 2

You're welcome

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by pakxelaos
    You're welcome
    Any idea what the capacity of the SIM card is?

I guess that individual selection process is good because it forces one to select only the most important numbers to transfer.

Maybe T-Mo allows only the number to be stored [and name] so to keep people from exceeding the SIM cards limits?

Bet it has room for about 500 names and numbers.

This was a most excellent post of yours. I am transferring my most important numbers on to the SIM at this moment.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ This is the way a Nextel sim works, not sure if this is the same as other sims... 32k holds 250 numbers, 64k holds 600 numbers, 128k holds 600 numbers and 20 groups.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ This is the way a Nextel sim works, not sure if this is the same as other sims... 32k holds 250 numbers, 64k holds 600 numbers, 128k holds 600 numbers and 200 groups.
    I suspect the T-Mo is the same. Simple text does not take up much memory and those little SIMS have to have at least 128K, I would think, especially when considering that there are 2GB MicroSD cards.

xkrazyxjbrkerx no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the blackberry pearl 8100,i still cant find out how to add my address book to my sim card,all my addresses are on the phone but aren't on the sim.please help?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by xkrazyxjbrkerx
    i have the blackberry pearl 8100,i still cant find out how to add my address book to my sim card,all my addresses are on the phone but aren't on the sim.please help?
    Welcome to the Stacks

You have to do this one at a time unfortunately.

If you access the Contact you wish to copy over to the SIM. The first screen where it will show all the information. Scroll down to the phone number you want to transfer. Hit Menu, then copy to SIM.

Hope that helps you out. If you have more questions just ask.