Hi i'm new to blackberry. i got the sd card and i've loaded music to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

i2eazy no está en línea Stack level 1

transfer songs from sd card to phone

Advertisement

Hi i'm new to blackberry. i got the sd card and i've loaded music to it, but i cannot find the song on the phone. how can i transfer song or locate the songs on my bb 8100? thanks.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    i2eazy, Welcome to PinStack.

First, Have you formatted your Media Card using the BB Options/Advanced Options/Media Card Menu option "Format"? If so you can use the explorer feature in the Media App to browse around to find where you put the Music when you transfered it.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb
    I never even had to format the card (Kingston 1GB micro-sd) when I installed it. I'm guessing that it was automatically formatted the first time I tried to use it.

The other option to moving stuff to/from the media card is to enable mass storage mode (I think by default you'll get prompted to enable it when you plug your 8100 into your computer). If you do that, then you can just use Windows Explorer to find the files on the SD card.

The only thing that I was wondering about is what happens if you save files to something other than the media card, saving to device memory? Does that go under the same directory hierarchy that you see when you open the Multimedia thing?

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    When you open Multimedia it shows both device memory and media card, so you can select where the song/photo/video is. If it doesn't show the card go "up" and it'll be there.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

i2eazy no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for the help guys. very much appreciated