I've been having trouble tryin to transfer music and photos to my pearl. It is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

scotteru33 no está en línea Stack level 2

Transfer songs from computer to pearl

Advertisement

I've been having trouble tryin to transfer music and photos to my pearl. It is an unlocked phone and for the moment Im running it on cingular without a data plan. Can some1 just gimme a quick lesson on how to transfer photos and songs.

Thanks,
    Scott

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Transfer songs from computer to pearl

Connect your pearl via usb>open desktop manager and use the media manager to transfer pictures/music or you could transfer them like any other digi cam or device that uses a memory card-Plug in to usb then open my computer and click on the removable drive and transfer pics or music into there.

You can also find this information in your user manual or a few other threads in the 8100 forum

Also if you dont have have a microsd card you cant transfer anything larger than 2.8 mb with media manager.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by scotteru33
    I've been having trouble trying to transfer music and photos to my pearl. It is an unlocked phone and for the moment I'm running it on Cingular without a data plan. Can some1 just gimme a quick lesson on how to transfer photos and songs.

Thanks,
    Scott
    If you are on Cingular, does that mean you do not have Desktop Manager? Assuming you do have DeskTop Manager consider this.

If you have a MicroSD chip, transferring files through Desktop Manager is slow.

It's better to NOT open Desktop Manager and instead transfer files directly to the chip using Windows XP Explorer.

If you have a MicroSD chip, here is how you set up the Pearl for transfers.

1. You first have to "turn on" media card support on the Pearl. By flipping the switch to on, so to speak, you are telling the Pearl to send a signal to XP to recognize the MicroSD chip on the Pearl as a drive and folder when you hook up the Pearl to the PC with a USB cable. This is pretty much like all the digitals cameras do nowadays.

So go to <settings>
    Then <Advanced>
    Then scroll to <Media Card>
    Click the trackball
    Select <Media Card Support> and select <on>
    Select <Mass Storage Mode Support> and select <on>
    Select Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode....> and select <yes>

press the escape key [key to right of trackball]

scroll to <save> and press trackball, this will save the settings.

Back out to your homepage.

From then on, you do NOT have to open Desktop Manager to transfer files on to the MicroSD chip located on your Pearl.

Simply plug in a USB cord to the PC and Pearl and XP will open the chip as a drive and folder. You will see sub folders under the BlackBerry folder for Music, Video, Pictures......

If you do NOT have a MicroSD chip the only way to transfer files is to connect your USB cable, open DeskTop Manager and click media manager and transfer files through the interface.
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-10-2006 at 08:44 PM.

cookie91398 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2082C541

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    If you bought the micro-sd card new, it should have come with the sd adaptor card. You can just put the micro card into the adaptor and plug into a card slot on the front of your pc if you have one, and transfer right to the card from there.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by cookie91398
    If you bought the micro-sd card new, it should have come with the sd adaptor card. You can just put the micro card into the adaptor and plug into a card slot on the front of your pc if you have one, and transfer right to the card from there.
    That's true, but that method is only practical on a first install, before he installs the chip into the Pearl. After that, he does not want to constantly remove the chip from the Pearl each time he wants to put files on to it.

My method does not require one to remove the chip from the Pearl.

PIN/ID
    2082C541

True. DT manager is much easier. I just suggested that if he didn't have a usb cord.
    BOOYAA!!!

PIN/ID
    2082C541

However, if you choose mass storage device on your BB, a pop up comes and says some files may not work right.
    BOOYAA!!!

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

However, if you choose mass storage device on your BB, a pop up comes and says some files may not work right.
    All mine usually work right.. except I wonder if its causing my googlemaps program not to work.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i have one of those slots on my new HP...so that will be nice to take all of the files on my puter and just load them on to the card prior. yes, san fran, once you have dl'ed all on your puter, then it will be easier on the next dl to just plug the phone in via usb (isn't the sd card slot kinda hard to get to on the phone?)

yarraguzmn no está en línea Stack level 1

i have done all of those steps yet it wont open a blackberry folder under my memory card..also on the phone..under the media card section it says "The media card id not available because Mass Storage Mode is in use." im soooo confused...someone please help me!!

slimbradybra no está en línea Stack level 1

yeah im having the same kinda problem. media manager doesnt see my micosd card just device memory. need help!!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just turn on your MASS STORAGE mode the open that drive up and drag the files to where you need them. Ex: pictures,music, rintones etc.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

The first time I connect my pearl and don't want to use dm, first connect your pearl and the pc will recognize it, but I won't be able to open the external drive. So left click select open with, then open folder option. I rarely use dm for media, its much easier without it.
    ~posted via opera mini~