I am currently using a new 8130 from vzw, it has to be replaced under ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sfingold no está en línea Stack level 2

Transfer Question

Advertisement

I am currently using a new 8130 from vzw, it has to be replaced under warranty (keyboard issue), so my qyestion is, is there away to transfer from berry to berry including all third party apps. When I use the switch device in desktop manager nothing happens other then transferring messages but does not transfer third party apps.

Thanks

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Re: Transfer Question

Did you back up your previous blackberry? If you did, you can use the Restore option in Dekstop Manager. If you didnt, your SOL unless you downloaded all your APPs via Desktop Manager. If you did, then just plug in your device, go to Application loader, and check all the apps you had or need.

I did do a backup but still no third party apps, do you think I will need to install desktop 4.3 instead of 4.2 for the 8130?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by sfingold View Post
    I did do a backup but still no third party apps, do you think I will need to install desktop 4.3 instead of 4.2 for the 8130?
    How was your apps loaded onto the phone? via the DM or OTA? If from the DM they should still be in the application loader list and you just need to run through that. If done OTA you have a 50/50 shot that it will be in the application loader list or you will have to re download them. Hope it helps.

The apps were loaded by ota. I can't believe there is not a way to clone or transfer one device to a identical device.