Hi there, just got my new unlocked 8120 and I'm trying to migrate everything from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Transfer messages from 8100

Advertisement

Hi there,
    just got my new unlocked 8120 and I'm trying to migrate everything from my old pearl. I read a caution about just using the switch device wizard in a curve forum. Apparently you can lose some wifi options if you import everything (at least with T-mo, which I have). I'm just trying to import my old messages and custom word databases and stuff. Though I can find an advanced option for 'Backup' in the Backup and Restore section of the Desktop Manager, I'm having trouble finding an advanced "restore" option that will let me find my old pearl backup. It seems like I just keep finding the 8120 backup file from when I updated its OS earlier today.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks,

--adam

MannyC525 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you already have the backup file done, what you can do is go to Advanced, click on File -> Open and select the Backup File that is most recent.

From there, you can import messages, SMS messages, Custom Wordlist, etc. by clicking on the left side what you need [or to select multiple, hold down the Ctrl key] and then select the right arrow in the middle and it should go to your device.

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0
    Thanks Manny,
    Somehow I couldn't find my other backups, but there they are!