Stupidly I have returned my Pearl for a new one(wouldnt charge so exchanged) and happily ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jack no está en línea Stack level 2

Tragedy!!

Advertisement

Stupidly I have returned my Pearl for a new one(wouldnt charge so exchanged) and happily waved the courier away with my old scratched , non-charging and unloved handset.Happy with my shiny new out of the box scratchless new one .I immediately realised that the courier also had all my contacts still inside the old girl DOH!!

That will teach me ! But my question is , with having to start from scratch , are there any cool tips , tricks or things that people here might have found to do with contacts/address book that I and other people might adopt .

I've learnt so much from here it's always my first point of call and there's always something new to enhance the BB experience.

Iphone pah!!

MWARREN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2469DF36

Re: Tragedy!!

If you backed up your pearl you should be just fine. Just reload your address book on the DM.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MWarren if I'd done that I wouldnt be asking about starting from scratch would I? lol

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

ur right but hes just giving you a tips and trick like u asked. i would normally do a back up every once in a while and i thought if you save them to the sim card they will go with you no?? i might be wrong.. good luck with your new BB>

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

bcbbanga4l, The SIM Card phone book is not an address book, it has only the name and phone number and only one phone number for each name.

jack, do you have any record of your contacts on your PC? Were they all entered using the BB?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Stupidly I have returned my Pearl for a new one(wouldnt charge so exchanged) and happily waved the courier away with my old scratched , non-charging and unloved handset.Happy with my shiny new out of the box scratchless new one .I immediately realised that the courier also had all my contacts still inside the old girl DOH!!

That will teach me ! But my question is , with having to start from scratch , are there any cool tips , tricks or things that people here might have found to do with contacts/address book that I and other people might adopt .

I've learnt so much from here it's always my first point of call and there's always something new to enhance the BB experience.

Iphone pah!!
    You can sync the contacts and calendar with one of the free web based programs like Yahoo to go. Then at any time from any computer anywhere you can get those contacts and calendar items sync'd back to your Pearl. A snap and free!

Thanks guys.No stupidly my life was in my address book , as I said , it's a good lesson .Appreciating the tips tho , bring them on!

fenrisswolf no está en línea Stack level 1

There's also a new(ish) Google Sync app for the BB that will synchronize your BB and Google Calendars...

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    bcbbanga4l, The SIM Card phone book is not an address book, it has only the name and phone number and only one phone number for each name.

jack, do you have any record of your contacts on your PC? Were they all entered using the BB?

Rcbjr.
    oh thats right.. sorry

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ are you serious?! It's a damn good thing I have my contacts backed up on google calendar and yahoo go! I thought though that you could save ALL contacts to sim card..and you would be fine. Well that's an awakening! Backups people backup
    *sigh*