A few times recently, I have had to interact with IVR systems where you have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lucian no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Traditional keyboard letters

Advertisement

A few times recently, I have had to interact with IVR systems where you have to spell the last name of a person or enter the name of an airport or such. I can't do it with the Pearl because the keys don't have the traditional letters on them.

For example, try looking up a flight status and entering SFO. On a "traditional" phone, you enter 7-3-6. On a Pearl, the S and O keys are off the numbers and the F is on the 4 key.

IVR systems are expecting those three-letter keys we all paid a lot fo money to avoid.

Anyone have a way to deal with this? Any cool tone-translation app?

Thanks all

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Traditional keyboard letters

I had the same issue a couple of times now, but havent come up with anyway to deal with it. Unless maybe to carry another phone with me lol. Or just write down the traditional letters and positions of a regular phone somewhere on my pearl and save it.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Lucian, would something like this help you? http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...8#description3

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try holding the ALT key to select letters when in a numeric field. The BB will send the Correct DTMF tone for the selected Letter. I don't know if you have to use MultiTap or if the SureType will work. I assume that it needs to be MultiTap entry.

Hope this helps.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

lucian no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks all for the responses. Last night I broke down and read the manual. There is a tiny comment "Dial by letter." All it says is "Press Alt key + letter key (multi-tap)" So, I guess that's the way they do it. I'm glad they included that. It makes it much more logical.