Anyone ever run into this? Trackball works perfectly, but won't register a click. I've taken ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Trackball won't select!

Advertisement

Anyone ever run into this? Trackball works perfectly, but won't register a click. I've taken my trackball assembly apart a number of times to clean and know my way around it pretty well. It doesn't look like there's anything amiss. The little tab behind the ball seems to spring back exactly as before. My best guess is that the actual switch mechanism in the center is fried or somehow screwed up. I'm afraid it may be curtains for my pearl. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Oh, and I have done 3 battery pulls, no change.

Thanks!

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Trackball won't select!

Looks like you have a hardware issue on your hands. Do you have insurance or warranty on the phone?
    If not, your only option is to bring it in for repairs unless you decide to buy another handheld.

PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

I do have insurance... It'll be interesting to see what that gets me. I'm with T-mobile and I'm actually really hoping to get my hands on the 8120 (or 8130--I can never remember which is CDMA) if they ever get the damn thing. I'm not holding my breath at this point... I wish it had held out a little while longer!

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    I do have insurance... It'll be interesting to see what that gets me. I'm with T-mobile and I'm actually really hoping to get my hands on the 8120 (or 8130--I can never remember which is CDMA) if they ever get the damn thing. I'm not holding my breath at this point... I wish it had held out a little while longer!
    8130 is CDMA and as for the 8120 I'm not sure when they will release it here in the US, If you can I would suggest trying to wait a lil bit till the 8120's get released. Although having to deal with a crippled BB is tough...
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Now my phone seems to be 'selecting' multiple times after an initial delay. This is a serious pain. If only it had waited a couple more days to die on me! It certainly looks like some sort of failure in the board, but I'd love to hear anyone with experience to the contrary.

jennkent5454 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have the same problem. i have cleaned the track ball and the inside, did the battery pull, wiped the handset and still doesnt work, it scrolls left to right, up and down, it just let you push down to select.

scottvicius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318591be
    i have the 8130 cdma from sprint im very happy with the phone

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    Well its okay wen you go over and app just press enter key it does the same thing as the trackball I understand it is frustrating but try not having a trackball then come talk to me so just use enter it works fine and for any app~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try the same scenario with a TRACKWHEEL. I had the same problem on a 7105t 2 years ago and had to send it back.

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    It blows right???~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~