Hey everyone anyone know of a reason the trackball would be super sensitive sometimes and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

grand04gt no está en línea Stack level 2

trackball with a mind of it's own

Advertisement

Hey everyone anyone know of a reason the trackball would be super sensitive sometimes and other times it's really tough to press to make it select?? the phone is new and I cleaned the trackball after this problem and it seems to have a mind of it's own lol it sends text messages on it's own when you open the messages folder cuz it seems to click like 3 or 4 times sometimes on it's own

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: trackball with a mind of it's own

First off could you please let us know more details about your device and fill in your profile for us to make it easier for us to better assist you?

Next, what did you do to clean the trackball?
    How new is the device?
    Possibly defective as what you described is not normal, so you may want to consider a return/exchange on it.

it's a black pearl 8100 and is only a week if that old and when I to clean the trackball I went on this site and followed the instructions carefully

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

So did you take apart the trackball?
    You may have gotten some lint under the trackball or missed something while cleaning it.
    Keep in mind that if you took it apart it does void your warranty - fyi.
    Might want to try cleaning it again. Also keeping BB in your pocket can add to the trackball accumulating dirt and
    lint under the trackball and cause these problems.

I have a case for it I never keep it in my pocket so I don't think that there would be any problem with that maybe I'll just take it back..thank you for your help and I took your advise and I updated my profile