This is a very annoying problem. Every time someone calls me and if i touch ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sharky7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball silencing ringtone???

Advertisement

This is a very annoying problem. Every time someone calls me and if i touch or move the trackball the phone cause silence, but doesn't reject the call. Is there a setting that I maybe turned on? I'm most positive that the phone isn't suppose to do that unless you push the button on top of the phone.

Hopefully someone has had this problem and can help me out. Also, I have replaced the trackball.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I've read a thread regarding this problem before. Maybe you can find a solution, but if I recall correctly, its an issue with RIM that cannot be fixed (I could be wrong)...but maybe you can try Options>Screen/Keyboard>Trackball - you can set the sensitivity

Hope this helps..good luck!
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-19-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Asking a user to search.

Check out this THREAD

sharky7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    well i took the time to read all that thread and what i got from it was i need to call t-mo and tell them to send me the update to stop this problem. I had another pearl before this that was a "2nd gen" and i was told RIM resolved most of the problems with it ex:ear piece blowing out, trackball errors, and the infamous trackball silencer. I'm guessing this pearl i have now was the first gen cause i have replaced all items that fault on these phones

Oh okay kool...well, at least you know now!! good luck