OK. Last night I did this late night bike ride and my phone was in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bskerr88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball Problems.. pressing it doesn't work correctly

Advertisement

OK. Last night I did this late night bike ride and my phone was in a friends bag. Unfortunately I think the phone was kind of like.. smooshed or crushed. Everything still works except for the trackball when you press it. Whenever I press it, it goes to address book and it thinks i pressed the QW key, and if I'm tying in a number it thinks I pressed the 1 key. It does not work like it should being an enter key. But the moving part of the trackball still works fine.

I don't really want to the cleaning thing that is stickyed in this forum if I don't have to, any ideas for help?

Thanks

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Trackball Problems.. pressing it doesn't work correctly

Try a battery pull reset first. See if that helps anything. After that, if it still isn't cleared up, try using a Q-Tip Soaked in alcohol and rub it around, move the ball around and see if that frees anything up.

Next time you put it in a bag like that, you should consider a holster to keep it in.

Welcome to the Stacks!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

clean it up as pretty as you can, and take it to a store! play dumb! the gomer behind the counter will either fixit, give you a replacement, or tell you it'll cost. either way, you're not out anything!
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

Yea I have tried the battery pull reset a couple times and its still not working. I'll try the q tip thing now

The only problem with synik103 is, I bought the phone on craiglist and it is an unlocked T-Mobile phone being used on cingular, so who would I take it to?

Hmm my friends theory is, as we were biking over Fermi Lab in Batavia (I think) IL, and its a particle accelerater that finds quarks and stuff. He says that messed it up haha

PIN/ID
    OICU812

i wouldn't suggest SOAKING it, any amount of liquid inside the pearl (though the alcohol evaporates fast) would be bad.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You don't have to dismantle the entire assembly. You can just pull it out and are if anything is causing the problem. Piece of lint or something like that. Or maybe you can try updating the software but that takes way more time than pulling out the trackball and seeing if anything is lodged in there.

yea i pulled out the trackball and couldn't see anything wrong with it. I wiped it too thinking maybe it was a software problem. It didnt look like a mechanical problem because when I took the trackball out I could see that pressing on it did cause the little metal part of hte bottom to extend down.

I'm stumped..

PIN/ID
    OICU812

take it to the store and play dumb... sometimes it's the best/only way.

sorry I posted this above but never got reply, its T-mobile phone on cingular service. and I'm not original owner....

well question is if I take it to t mobile (or get my friend who has t mobile service to) think they will actually be able to help? and not charge basically full price to fix it?

PIN/ID
    OICU812

they cant charge you unless you let them. tell them what the problem is, let them look at it, if they say they have to send it off or whatever, just tell them no thank you and walk... if it's something easy they'll usually just do it... try to go in when theyre not swamped. that might increase your chances.