Now sometime ago my trackball stop scrolling down after rolling the ball back and forth ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

crezy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DE7236

trackball problems

Advertisement

Now sometime ago my trackball stop scrolling down after rolling the ball back and forth I got the trackball to work now recently my trackball stop working again which left me without a fully functioning for phone I called tmo and they couldn't help me they just told me they gonna send me a new BB and with no credit to my account for the days imma be without a phone ...so I was really mad cause none of the reps could of help me but now they gonna send me a new pearl I made me pearl work after blowing air through the trackball so I'm wondering how much they gonna charge if I don't send them back the phone

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: trackball problems

More than likely full retail price

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Dude, make the track ball "not working" again lol right before you send it to them and just have a new pearl

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    More than likely full retail price
    Unfortunately, Stace is correct.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    Dude, make the track ball "not working" again lol right before you send it to them and just have a new pearl
    LOL I agree!
    Seriously though, I've been wondering about this since i've purchased my pearl. How many times do you have to clean out your track ball on your mouse? (for those of you who haven't upgraded to optical... if there is anyone left ) Is this going to be the same with the pearl? If so, how are you supposed to clean it? Is it covered by any waranties? etc.
    Just curious if anyone else has had this problem?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by joeperrin212
    LOL I agree!
    Seriously though, I've been wondering about this since i've purchased my pearl. How many times do you have to clean out your track ball on your mouse? (for those of you who haven't upgraded to optical... if there is anyone left ) Is this going to be the same with the pearl? If so, how are you supposed to clean it? Is it covered by any waranties? etc.
    Just curious if anyone else has had this problem?

Ummm I think just about every other person had this problem lol (I never did thou)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

This is common issue & one of the reasons that I sold my Pearl. It's my understanding that there were some improvements to the Cingular version. The only work around that I see is to put it in a case before putting in your pocket or other bag / briefcase.

~via BB 7130c (wap.pinstack.com)~

Classick no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyone have a key they want to share with me? =-D

SecretX no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204dd7ee

i've had the same exact problem.. i had to deal with tmo too and after an hour and a half of troubleshooting and questions, they're gonna send me a new phone.. now that i know i can clean it i guess i'll just do that next time lol also the question about what will they charge... 300 dollars if you don't return the phone postmarked within 7 days of when you recieve the new one... and if they have to replace broken parts on your phone that are not normal wear and tear is 100 dollars.. you really shoulda listened to the 5 minute rant they give you at the end of the call haha

nobadays no está en línea Stack level 1

New Problem?? My trackball will not move up...only down or sideways. I have dismantled the assembly and cleaned it all to no avail. I found I can reinsert the trackball assembly the other way and then the cursor will move up but not down. Additionally there is the clicking sound in the direction it will go and silence in the direction it will not go. Is this a software issue as the clicking is electronically generated??

Thanks for helping!

davidscott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c28f5e

Well i just got my bb but my friends pearl has been sent back twice and they dont send you a new one its a refurbished one... lame just hope i dont have the same problem..

i was talking to my network rep and they only cover software malfunctions.. wow..

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Its a know issue. Tried to start a thread in the suggestions to RIM section but it was closed. Seems no on cares about the fault.
    I have ordered 3no. Trackballs from cnn.cn and going to just use them everytime it breaks.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

If you put the pearl in your pocket where lint is you need to clean it. Like every electronic out there you need to take care of it if you want it to work!!!

tackdetack no está en línea Stack level 4

Ive had this problem before and i just followed the steps to cleaning your trackball and it works now.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._pictures.html

playmate9189 no está en línea Stack level 1
    how do i make my trackball stay light up differnt colors all the time