My trackball no longer goes "up". It has no problem with left, right or down ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tsolly no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball problems

Advertisement

My trackball no longer goes "up". It has no problem with left, right or down but just won't go up. I've tried adjusting the sensitivity but that does nothing. Anybody have any suggestions? It is a T-Mobile model that I've unlocked and is running on the Cingular network so I'm not sure if it will be covered by a ny warranty. Thanks.

Re: Trackball problems

Never mind - the pinstack suggested similar threads after I posted it - guess that's what the search function is for. Rookie mistake - sorry to clutter the forum and thanks for all the info.

Nicker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

remove the battery wait 2 mins, i had that problem before excep for my trackball wouldent move left, i paniked so much, i also heard and keyword is heard that if you take a piece of paper and roll it under your trackball you may get the gunk out that may be behind it blocking the transmission of data fo your trackball, Tries not to pop out the trackball though cause it does happen

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

lol, tsolly, welcome to pinstack, you will be surprised how much a simple search can do for you on this forum.

JDS79 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well I have a similiar problem but on mine the track ball will not click on selected item unless I literally press down as hard as I can on it some one please help.

berrygrl87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E21FD8

or if i may suggest...sometimes that type of problem occur cuz yourtrackball is dirty..so what i learned from owning an sk3 before is to get alcohol...(no not liquor alcohol)lol...but rubbing alcohol the one you can buy from the pharmacy...damp a clothe or q-tip and rub it around the trackball..it should get some dirt and greasy stuff out that might work
    ImMa BBgRL!!!Lovin it every time!!JesUs Is MaH HoMeBoI!

Back in business! Thanks for all of the suggestions. Tried all of them with varying degrees of success but the alcohol really did the trick. Thanks.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by tsolly
    Back in business! Thanks for all of the suggestions. Tried all of them with varying degrees of success but the alcohol really did the trick. Thanks.
    Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with