Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

well *knock on wood* I've had my phone working fine. I've gotten use to the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rcefstsfecr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E45FC7

Advertisement

well *knock on wood* I've had my phone working fine. I've gotten use to the enter key, but I'm starting to trust myself with the trackball more recently.

hudsond5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anyone know how to fix the trackball if it scrolls just fine but clicking it does nothing?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Master Chief no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by supraz View Post
    Update! I pressed in the trackball and spun it in an upward direction a few times and then it started working again. I think its collecting dust and causing issues.
    LOLOL! I tried this idea and my trackball is working fine now too! Simple fixes are sometimes the best. Thanks.

moreorles319 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2427D76D

denzil no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb TrackBall Issue

If you are living in Pakistan and having a issue about your BlackBerry TrackBall,
    feel free to contact me at moutasim.waheed@yahoo.com.

CGM555 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank god for this forum...
    So this is what my BB was doing...
    Turning off and on every 10-30 seconds. I wouldn't even have to turn the power back on, it would do it by itself. I thought that it was a software problem. So I ended up wiping the phone but in the end that wasn’t necessary, not a software problem at all. Turns out it was the stupid pearl, it needed cleaning. I took it out (removed it completely) as one of the posts described, cleaned it with a bit of rubbing alcohol and poof… just like new! The only thing I would recommend to any attempting to do this would be to be extremely carefull not to break the plastic claps that hold the pearl in.

Thanks for everyone’s posts! I thought that my BB was hopeless, and being only 2 months old I’m very glad its still working ☺
    C

CGM555 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsond5 View Post
    Does anyone know how to fix the trackball if it scrolls just fine but clicking it does nothing?

if you took it apart you may have put it back together wrong... when I took mine apart this happened at first so I tried again.

the metal ring that comes out (after you take the circular plastic from around the pearl) has to be place in the right positions. when looking at it you notice that there is metal claps directly across from one another but not all the way around the ring. these need to be above the 'TY' key and directly under the screen not the other way or it won't work properly...

hope this helps...

kerigrrl no está en línea Stack level 1
    this forum help me not lose my mind! totally fixed the problem by using a piece of paper to clean around the ball.. it works fine again! thankyou all!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567