Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by frenchychiffon I noticed there are a lot of threads on trackball malfunction...I've ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by frenchychiffon View Post
    I noticed there are a lot of threads on trackball malfunction...I've had my pearl for about 7 months and this was never a problem for me. How long after you first get the blackberry does the trackball get screwy?
    The only issue the trackball has is the lint getting caught up in the mechanism. If you keep your BB in your pocket without a case covering the trackball this will happen eventually. It is easily cleaned though.

belize2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball Replacement

you can get a replacement from www.blackberry8100parts.com for $9

Juicy no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down TrackBall doesn't work

My track ball is unable to scroll up and down, It would still work it was just difficult to get it to respond. I'm really frustrusted because as soon as the warranty ends, the track ball stops working.

GeeMrScience no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post

LMAO!
    King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is!

GeeMrScience no está en línea Stack level 2
    There is also a post in here at: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._pictures.html

It gives complete details on cleaning and disassembly of the trackball.. and now with talking movie pictures! In Sens-a-round! OK, it does giv pics...

Good luck with that...
    King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is!

betzbest22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yes but be very very very when disassembling that trackball assembly, oh if i had a nickel for everytime one of my friends said they lost one of those little black rollers when trying to clean them

dugget no está en línea Stack level 2
    i would clean the trackball even if it works now. this thread has pics and good instructions.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._pictures.html

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea i must agree, your trackball is gonna get dirty no matter what. so its def worth doing every now and then

rcefstsfecr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E45FC7
    Quote Originally Posted by n8rodz View Post
    Hi

I just joined this board because my Pearl's trackball started acting up as well, but in a somewhat different way.

On Saturday, all of a sudden, the trackball stopped working as a button. It would scroll fine. It just wouldnt select. I tried hard reset, blowing on it (lol sounds so wrong), and it still wouldnt work. So i turned it off. took out the battery again, and pushed down on the trackball hard.

Good news is, it now selects.

Bad news is it now selects even when i dont want it to. I try to scroll and it acts like its being pushed sometimes. Even pressing down the "end" or "back" keys sometimes activates the select. Sometimes it even selects stuff on its own. For a minute i thought it had been hacked or something lol.

The other bad news: ebay = no warranty.

I'm almost afraid that i pushed down on it a little too hard. Any ideas? Blow on it some more? pull it appart? Anything? I dont want to have to buy a new phone... especially since this one was a gift from my girlfriend!

Thanks.
    This happens almost daily for me. I think it's because I work at an oil change place and my hands are dirty all day. It got to the point last night that when I would press the "Menu" button it would pull up a Q then a E real quick. A 5 would be a 4 and Enter would be back. I just kept hard reseting it and today it works fine. Oh, it might also be the fact that I use the phone in the shower. Don't know.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    RUBBING ALCOHOL AND A Q-TIP!!!!!!!!! thats all you need....if it doesnt work after that...you might want to take it all apart and do sum spring cleaning in there...but RUBBING ALCOHOL AND A Q-TIP WORK 90% of THE TIME.

XXBobbXX no está en línea Stack level 2
    do u jus blow it in the keys and trackball? or do u need to take stuff apart?
    XXBobbXX

nicolasm89 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same problem with my BB pearl

Quote Originally Posted by neymelo View Post
    Hi,

I can't select anything with my trackball. It scrolls up, down, left & right no problem but when I press it. It doesn't select anything! any suggestions?
    hi, i have the same problem you had with your blackberry pearl, could you help telling me how did you solved it so i can solve mine to... ok thank yuo very much : )

nicolasm89 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have the same problem that you have... if someone can help me i will be very thankful... my email is nicolasmata14@hotmail.com

enikolayev no está en línea Stack level 2
    if you have had the phone for less than a year, send it in and get a replacement. its covered under warranty. Otherwise use the enter key on the bottom right instead

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast