Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

well I'm having a similar issue except that it won't scroll to the right. if ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

btburbach no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Re: Trackball problems!

Advertisement

well I'm having a similar issue except that it won't scroll to the right. if I push down hard it will go but I inadvertently press a key when doing so. Isn't there anyway like in the old mice where you could remove the ball and clean things out? The trackball fits so tightly within the white ring I don't see how a
    can of compressed air can even get in. When I scroll it, it feels like it is dragging, not smooth like it was when it was new. I've had it only about 3mo now. I talked to a guy at the TMo store and he said do the upgrade but I'm running the latest version of the platform v4.2.0.64. Anyone out there have any ideas?

enikolayev no está en línea Stack level 2

mine doesn't click either, oddly enough it came that way when i bought it 7 months ago. And only just yesterday when i used some one else's blackberry i found out it was a problem. but its no big deal since i'm doing a warranty exchange on it. so i can abuse it all i want now and not worry.

NYC
    NYC no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi All

you guys and girls are the greatest. I just had the same problem just now. i just shot some air into the track ball. thank god she is now working. this is by far my best phone. I love her, thanks to all of you.
    Hi All from NYC

zavrzlamasb no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if is possible to use my blacberry pearl without trackball. I had water damage and since then, everything is working except tracking ball. Is there some other key I can use for ENTER?

Thanks and help much appreciated

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by zavrzlamasb View Post
    Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if is possible to use my blacberry pearl without trackball. I had water damage and since then, everything is working except tracking ball. Is there some other key I can use for ENTER?

Thanks and help much appreciated
    there is an enter key on the bottom right, although it's hard to navigate without a trackball. Is it the trackball not working or is it the sensors on the main board that are not working?

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

~via (wap.pinstack.com)~I have had this problem too. Found it is linked to low memory space left Uninstall any unused Apps. Move as much music ringtones pics as you can from device to SD card. Do a battery pull.

umtakata no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin18T View Post
    I had the same trackball issue. The ball would not scroll to the right and there was a grainy feel to the trackball in that direction. I followed your directions precisely and cleaned the rollers, put everything back together and everything works absolutely perfect now. Great job on the instructions.....everything was pretty much exactly as you mentioned. Only two things I would add to what you have already mentioned....
    1) If you use very light pressure the small tension ring will come out very easily. 2) When you actually go to pop the trackball out, people should be aware that the trackball has the square roller sensor unit attached to it.....the ball itself never actually comes out.
    I made sure the battery was out and used a safety pin to very gently execute everything. The entire procedure took me approx. 10 minutes. Great job!
    Followed your instructions. Lo and behold, a small (I mean small) piece of plastic / debris had wedged itself between the roller and the case that holds the trackball. Gently removed it, reversed the directions, trackball works GREAT! Called Verizon told em to keep the replacement they were mailing me.

Great advice Thanks!!!!

Moechick007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24867F51

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ mine just started doing the same except in the down position.and iy doesn't always do it. last weekend I upgraded to the newest tmo OS.I've made sure there isn't anything extra running in the backround. Battery pulls help. I tried to blow it out with compressed air but it makes it worse.it also tends to get worse and worse over time. I am just a few weeks shy of my year warranty so I am hoping tmo will help me out but, I'm guessing I will have to wait until June when my contract is up.I'm not sure what to do.

MissCannon no está en línea Stack level 1

if you in a pinch and don't have access to an air compressor can, a hairdryer (on cool setting) works just as well.

belize2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same poblem, i just ordered a new one from blackberry8100parts.com works much better now
    LOL

n8rodz no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down

Hi

I just joined this board because my Pearl's trackball started acting up as well, but in a somewhat different way.

On Saturday, all of a sudden, the trackball stopped working as a button. It would scroll fine. It just wouldnt select. I tried hard reset, blowing on it (lol sounds so wrong), and it still wouldnt work. So i turned it off. took out the battery again, and pushed down on the trackball hard.

Good news is, it now selects.

Bad news is it now selects even when i dont want it to. I try to scroll and it acts like its being pushed sometimes. Even pressing down the "end" or "back" keys sometimes activates the select. Sometimes it even selects stuff on its own. For a minute i thought it had been hacked or something lol.

The other bad news: ebay = no warranty.

I'm almost afraid that i pushed down on it a little too hard. Any ideas? Blow on it some more? pull it appart? Anything? I dont want to have to buy a new phone... especially since this one was a gift from my girlfriend!

Thanks.

focal_ratio no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2416D3E5
    yet again, i'm another user of the BBP with the same issue. it doesn't seem like its dust, however. It almost make like a click sound when i press hard and then it'll scroll fine for a bit and then do it again. This will happen ocassionally throughout the day, with a few hours in between each occurance. Perhaps it is dust and maybe its a worn out sensor. I did see how simple the trackball "pops" out and you can get up close with the roller sensors and check to see if there really is dust. the silver outer ring can be pryed out with the propper tool and the track ball will lift out. there should be three pieces and they are delicate.

focal_ratio no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2416D3E5
    it'll work!!

n8rodz no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeah i had actually removed the chrome ring and the trackball, but didnt really find any significant dust in there. the problem hasnt gone away.

thanks for the reply.

frenchychiffon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask!
    I noticed there are a lot of threads on trackball malfunction...I've had my pearl for about 7 months and this was never a problem for me. How long after you first get the blackberry does the trackball get screwy?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast