Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Just had to say to all that I just joined this site 10 minutes ago ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gus
    Gus no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Trackball problems!

Advertisement

Just had to say to all that I just joined this site 10 minutes ago as I was having a problem with my Pearl's trackball. Ten minutes later it's solved (a thorough cleaning was all it took). Thanks for saving me a lot of time and grief.

crammerjam no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thank goodness for pinstack! I've been browsing on here hoping I wouldn't have to replace my pearl because I'm so anal about not being able to scoll correctly. But thanks to this thread I did the push down hard and then scroll it in the direction its having problems for a bit and now everything is spinnin free.

kmwittko no está en línea Stack level 1

To all newcomers: don't get too nervous about the pearl not working. Before taking your Pearl apart, keep trying for an hour or so. Most of the time the pearl will clean itself and start working again.

dangerhuss no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23fb7df6

i just flood mine with WD40 after it fills around the ball just turn it upside down. and bam it works like new.

ONLY KIDDING!
    the canned air realy worked wonders

ecking no está en línea Stack level 2

I've been having issues with the light undre the pearl it goes out intemitenly does anyone know a fix? via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by ecking
    I've been having issues with the light undre the pearl it goes out intemitenly does anyone know a fix? via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    When does it go out? Does it happen when it's bright outside or you're in a well lit room? If it's happening at those times then it's suppose to do that to save on battery life.

If it's happening when it's dark out then you may have an issue with the phone.

ecking no está en línea Stack level 2

It is.real random happens when its bright and dark around and affects the lighting under the keyboard as well. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mando82 no está en línea Stack level 2

i love this site!!!!!!!!!

i woke up from my nap to find that my pearl wasnt scrolling down or up. only left to right. i did a battery pull and it still wouldnt go up or down. i was about to panic but then decided to check pinstack forum for answers and vuola! i found this.
    i didnt use compressed air i just blew it really hard and pressed the trackball really quick and a little harder than normal in the direction of the malfunction and it worked!!!
    thanks you guys!!!

panikfan no está en línea Stack level 1

Out of the blue my trackball stopped working as a button, unable to press enter. I removed the trackball and cleaned thoroughly, but still not working. Unfortunately, bought the phone on ebay so no warranty... any other ideas?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Take out the assembly....here's a tutorial http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ck-em-out.html

You can wash it out in some dish soap and hot water....just drop it in and shake it around. Just make sure it's COMPLETELY dry before you put it back.
    Last edited by reddog187; 06-07-2007 at 03:54 PM.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Reading all these problems with the trackball, wouldnt it be safer to take the device back to CS because its
    under warranty.....

PIN/ID
    STACK

yea it would, but Panikfan doesn't have a warranty. Reason for the cleaning.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Take out the assembly....here's a tutorial http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ck-em-out.html

You can wash it out in some dish soap and hot water....just drip it in and shake it around. Just make sure it's COMPLETELY dry before you put it back.
    Thx for the Link, Red

Johnni no está en línea Stack level 2

I experienced the same problem. I actually spun it too and it worked! Haha. I love this board.

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

compressed air

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast