Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by neymelo Hi, I can't select anything with my trackball. It scrolls up, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Trackball problems!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by neymelo
    Hi,

I can't select anything with my trackball. It scrolls up, down, left & right no problem but when I press it. It doesn't select anything! any suggestions?
    Have u tried a good old trick, using an air dust remover? Usually helps lol

hazeltine no está en línea Stack level 1

hehe, yes, don't eat pancakes and check your emails. that stopped my trackball from scrolling down for a few minutes. i guess it's easy to get it dirty.

ricwms no está en línea Stack level 2

Rubbing alcohol. It really works!

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

I read a couple of posts here on Stacks of people using denatured alcohol to clean their trackball. They claim it works great. I personally have not tried this.

I had a similar problem about a week ago when my trackball stopped tracking from right to left. I pressed ever so slightly harder (wink wink) while rolling the ball and it started to work again. Thankfully I have not had this problem since then.

BRZ

burgy77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E962F6

Quote Originally Posted by ricwms
    Rubbing alcohol. It really works!
    Do you think I could use Everclear instead? I dont have any rubbing alcohol... But I do have lots of Everclear right now.

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dude try it

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64

it is little bits/specs of dirt under the trackball. i had this problem only after a month with my pearl but someone said at the time to get a bit of paper and go around the trackball and also blow a little bit of air in there and it should clean right up.
    Death is only the beginning

kboosman00 no está en línea Stack level 1

I too had this exaxt same problem and took a can of air and blasted it right out!

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm not sure I like the trackball idea. With mine, I can't scroll down. What's weird is after having this problem for a couple of days, it started working fine like there wasn't a problem at all. Now it's back to not scrolling down. I did the hard reboot with the battery out, with no improviement. I'll see if I can clean it, but the fact that it is doing this makes me believe that this is a poor design.

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2

Well, I tried using compressed air to clean it out, then I tried a little isopropyl alcohol. Still doesn't work. I guess I'll be seeing my t-mobile dealer tomorrow.

MCar no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    322220BB

Hi

My 8100 is one week old and the trackball would not scroll down. I tried air and reboot. Still, no scrolling down.
    So I pulled the tracking ball out and cleaned the rollers, it works fine now. My 8100 is new and under warranty so I figured it would be returned if I could not repair it.

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

how did you pull the trackball out.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by ceverhart
    I had this happen a long time ago. it was sticking when trying to scroll up. I ended up popping out the little metal peice around the track ball and taking the ball and thing out from underneath. I wouldnt suggest doing this, it took me 45 mins to get it back together. It's a pain in the ***!
    That's how she did it. I am getting really worried now after reading this thread. My trackball has started turning a pinkish color but still works perfectly. I have oily skin so that may be why it's turning pink LOL

MCar no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    322220BB

Quote Originally Posted by getmore4life
    how did you pull the trackball out.
    I used a thin piece plastic like a tooth pick, and gently pryed the crome trim ring that is around the tracking ball. NOT THE BALL. I started at the top of the trim ring, just bellow the bottom of the screen and then worked my way around it until it popped off.

Once the ring is off, use the tooth pick to pull off the metal ring that holds the ball in place. It is very thin and has tension clips at the top and bottom. You should not need to pry on the sides, just the top and bottom.

Once the ring was removed I turned the 8100 upside down and tapped on the back. The trackball fell out and I was able to clean the tiny rollers on the bottom of the track ball. Then reversed the process to put it back together.

I do not want to do this to many times. The trim ring is plastic and I think it could be broken easily.
    Anyone have a lead on a good case that would help keep out dirt and dust. The one that I have is a holster.

Flyin18T no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by MCar
    I used a thin piece plastic like a tooth pick, and gently pryed the crome trim ring that is around the tracking ball. NOT THE BALL. I started at the top of the trim ring, just bellow the bottom of the screen and then worked my way around it until it popped off.

Once the ring is off, use the tooth pick to pull off the metal ring that holds the ball in place. It is very thin and has tension clips at the top and bottom. You should not need to pry on the sides, just the top and bottom.

Once the ring was removed I turned the 8100 upside down and tapped on the back. The trackball fell out and I was able to clean the tiny rollers on the bottom of the track ball. Then reversed the process to put it back together.

I do not want to do this to many times. The trim ring is plastic and I think it could be broken easily.
    Anyone have a lead on a good case that would help keep out dirt and dust. The one that I have is a holster.
    I had the same trackball issue. The ball would not scroll to the right and there was a grainy feel to the trackball in that direction. I followed your directions precisely and cleaned the rollers, put everything back together and everything works absolutely perfect now. Great job on the instructions.....everything was pretty much exactly as you mentioned. Only two things I would add to what you have already mentioned....
    1) If you use very light pressure the small tension ring will come out very easily. 2) When you actually go to pop the trackball out, people should be aware that the trackball has the square roller sensor unit attached to it.....the ball itself never actually comes out.
    I made sure the battery was out and used a safety pin to very gently execute everything. The entire procedure took me approx. 10 minutes. Great job!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast