Hi i am having some problems with my trackball , everytime i try to go ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

llama-king no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball problem

Advertisement

Hi i am having some problems with my trackball , everytime i try to go left it feels like its stuck and does not move on screen but the ball is moving(like there is no grip) i have tried cleaning it out, and returing it is not somthing i can do =3
    can anyone help?

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~why can you not return it? Also did you take apart the trackball? There might be something inside of it I've had this problem on the pearl all I did was add a Lil pressure and scrolled to the side that was having the problem I hope this helps

LookTelemascope no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31BA7ED4
    on my 8830 my trackball pretty much stopped working. I couldn't scroll up or to the left. I had to take the trackball out and clean it off and put it back in. works fine now. but I don't use that phone anymore.

Or you could try taking one of those dust blower arisol cans... you know for computer keyboards and stuff? and blow the s*** out of the trackball area. that might work.

If you dont know how to take it out. just take a REALLY small screwdriver and carefully pry up the silver ring on the bottom side thats closest to the keypad. if you want detailed instructions just google BlackBerry trackball removal or something like that...
    -Jeremy
    LookTelemascope

BlackBerry Pearl 8130 (4.5.0.56) - Alltel

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    1. Dip QTip in rubbing alcohol and blot on tissue to remove most moiture.
    2. Roll QTip ALL around trackball, then used compressed air to dry and remove debris.
    IF THAT DOESN'T WORK:
    Remove silver retaining ring and drop trackball assembly into your mit. Then roll the trackball thoroughly in all directions. Used compressed air to clean contact board in handset, make sure there's no debris whatsoever in or around aperature.
    Replace trackball assembly into aperature. Notice prongs on silver ring, and how they position into handset. Replace ring, pressing evenly.
    Your trackball should function properly

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    What worked for me and some of my friends was to reinstall the BlackBerry device software.

llama-king no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks for the replays guys I'm going to try all these things in abit. It started working this morning idk why but its still sticky so ill try everthing when I get home a bit later

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Also consider ordering extra trackballs as back-ups. I buy them from cnn.cn for $8 each plus shipping. They come with the entire trackball assembly and the little chrome(silver plastic) ring. They ship from Hong Kong so mine take almost 2 weeks from date of order to arrive in my mailbox.There are many other online sources as well, but this is the one I use. If you decide to go with another, ask here on the Stacks 1st, see if anyone has had good/bad experience with that company.

I swap out mine every couple months when they start to get dirty looking

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~