I have a friends 8100 and every time he presses the trackball it recognizes it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3

Trackball problem

Advertisement

I have a friends 8100 and every time he presses the trackball it recognizes it as Q and it types in Q instead of selecting an application or option.

I have already wiped and reinstalled os...any ideas?

boosted03 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e2f95
    Check the dot behind the battery , if its red the phone has water damage . If it's white call the service provider and do a warrenty exchange .

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try a battery pull...but leave it out for a few minutes...this has helped me before...

PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i forgot to mention this...but sometimes you have to connect your bb through desktop manager and load everything back onto your phone...I mean EVERYTHING! Let it boot up...and then take whatever you want back off...the problem is generally a software issue...so this can help fix it too

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tried your suggestions madetosink, but i couldnt get it to work thanks anyways

PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    No problem...that's just what a tmo rep told me to do once...and it worked. You may want to check the sticker inside for water damage...it is right beside the microSD slot. Another solution is to press down the trackball and spin it in any direction. That can loosen any debris that may be affecting it. Worst case scenario is you have to get a replacement.