Not sure if anyone else here has ever experienced this but my Pearl's trackball sometimes ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Lesley Ken no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball Problem

Advertisement

Not sure if anyone else here has ever experienced this but my Pearl's trackball sometimes gives problems as in I somtimes can only scroll in 1 direction. Like either up, but not down. Or left only!

I've tried to reboot, but this time, noting seems to work!! It's damned frustrating as I can't navigate around at all!!! Can't go to my address book, can't reply my emails!!!

Can anyone help???!!!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    You're going to need to remove the trackball from the phone and thoroughly clean it out using an air duster and maybe an alcohol wipe once the trackball is removed from phone to clean it out. Before placing the trackball back in you will need to spray the inside area of the phone where the trackball once was and then put the trackball back in and you should be good to go. BTW, if you haven't removed a trackball before take a needle and pry the bezel at 4 and 7 o' clock and that will pull the bezel out to remove the trackball. To make sure the trackball goes back in correctly make sure the metal slit on the bottom of trackball points toward the screen.

Lesley Ken no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    You're going to need to remove the trackball from the phone and thoroughly clean it out using an air duster and maybe an alcohol wipe once the trackball is removed from phone to clean it out. Before placing the trackball back in you will need to spray the inside area of the phone where the trackball once was and then put the trackball back in and you should be good to go. BTW, if you haven't removed a trackball before take a needle and pry the bezel at 4 and 7 o' clock and that will pull the bezel out to remove the trackball. To make sure the trackball goes back in correctly make sure the metal slit on the bottom of trackball points toward the screen.

Thanks for the advice, but when you say bezel do you mean the the part that holds the trackball or the silver circumference around it? Sorry to sound so ignorant...

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Yes.. the Bezel is the Silver ring that holds the Trackball housing in the phone
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Here is a detailed how to on the cleaning.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f78/track...ictures-38395/

It's helped me quite a few times. Hope it helps you.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

a4 moda no está en línea Stack level 2
    Bezel refers to the silver trim surrounding the trackball.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

puckhead no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have had that happen a few times.

Generally it goes away after a few days. I think it might have something to do with moisture in with the trackball.