Trackball on my Pearl just stopped working all of the sudden. It only rolls left, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ljuba1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball not working properly!!!

Advertisement

Trackball on my Pearl just stopped working all of the sudden. It only rolls left, right or up. It does not go down. Actually trackball moves but it does not scroll down, only left,right and up.
    Did anybody have same problem or does anybody know how to fix it?
    Thanks.:cry:

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Trackball not working properly!!!

Welcome to Pinstack!
    You can try canned air and blow it in there and see if that works.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks ljuba. Let us know how you make out.

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3

you can also try locking your phone and pressing and rolling the ball around, you might have some dust or something underneath

TAH
    TAH no está en línea Stack level 2

Mine did the exact same thing today. Tmo is sending a replacement. After pressing down very hard once, the thing started working??!!

Dieselis no está en línea Stack level 1

Thats funny, i just had the same problem.. called T-Mobile about it, and the dumbasses told me to do a master reset. What the hell for, stupid people. Anyway.. i just pressed hard on it once and it works again

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

U have to clean your pearl ones in a while, come on guys!!! Especially if u're working at a dusty place or some. Air duster thing is also my choice.

themcnasty no está en línea Stack level 1

Alarm bug

This happened to me a few times. It was some kind of bug with the alarm. If the set time passes while the phone battery is dead, it can cause some kind of weird lockup. The way to fix it is to go to your main screen and start hiding icons until you get the alarm up to the top row. Open it up and press enter to drop down one line to the "set time" area. Change the time and it should fix it instantly.

I've had this happen twice. The first time I actually ordered the replacement phone and when I found out it would take a week I had to find a way to set my alarm without scrolling down (I'm in hotels a lot and I need that to wake me up). Totally accidental find. I had tried everything, from cleaning to flipping the trackball assembly around in hopes I could make it scroll down but not up (way more useful direction). Hard restart did nothing and neither did a system restore from desktop manager (which makes me question what gets restored).
    Last edited by themcnasty; 04-07-2008 at 03:50 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselis View Post
    Thats funny, i just had the same problem.. called T-Mobile about it, and the dumbasses told me to do a master reset. What the hell for, stupid people. Anyway.. i just pressed hard on it once and it works again

Because most of the time a reset (pulling the battery or turning the phone off and back on) restarts the phone and clears up most problems.

smarkow no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same problem with my pearl. The canned error did not work. I called Tmobile and they sent a replacement. Of course, right when i got my replacement, the stupid thing started working again.

mrmelodyman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by themcnasty View Post
    This happened to me a few times. It was some kind of bug with the alarm. If the set time passes while the phone battery is dead, it can cause some kind of weird lockup. The way to fix it is to go to your main screen and start hiding icons until you get the alarm up to the top row. Open it up and press enter to drop down one line to the "set time" area. Change the time and it should fix it instantly.

I've had this happen twice. The first time I actually ordered the replacement phone and when I found out it would take a week I had to find a way to set my alarm without scrolling down (I'm in hotels a lot and I need that to wake me up). Totally accidental find. I had tried everything, from cleaning to flipping the trackball assembly around in hopes I could make it scroll down but not up (way more useful direction). Hard restart did nothing and neither did a system restore from desktop manager (which makes me question what gets restored).
    just tried your method. It didnt work for me. this is some bull. anybody come up with any more ideas spread the word.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    this method has always worked for me. just lick the trackball and roll it around with your fingers.

usman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207717F1
    i tired this for my roomie's curve and no go

his is doing the same thing.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    this method has always worked for me. just lick the trackball and roll it around with your fingers.
    Can you post a how-to video of this on youtube?
    I would love to see it.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin View Post
    Can you post a how-to video of this on youtube?
    I would love to see it.
    dream on