There is absolutley no thread on the trackball not being able to click on a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Naroko no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball Not working

Advertisement

There is absolutley no thread on the trackball not being able to click on a application. The trackball will move back and forth and up and down. But when i go to click on an application it doesnt do anything the trackball seems locked and wont let me click on anything but it will let me scroll

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Re: Trackball Not working

Ummm.. U might have to replace the trackball... U can buy that part separately... But im not even sure that will solve your prob... You should pop it out and take a look inside...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I don't think it's the actual trackball, I think it's the sensor underneath the trackball. It' been known to happen. You may need to get a replacement through the warranty. Sorry for the bad news

Welcome to the Stacks though

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~usually its because there is something jamming it. I had that problem with my 8100. Try some compressed air, or it might be stuck down, in the case roll it while spraying it with compressed air...

Do you keep it in your pocket?

I do keep it in my pocket and i talked to t-mobile today about the problem and they said sure we will replace it just send us 15$ to ship it back to us and i hung up on them because there stupid.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you have insurance they'll waive the shipping fee because asurion will cover it, but you have to mention that to cs. Because its a pain for them to just go tell asurion, they would rather just take your 15 bucks to have it shipped to you express... So if you have insurance be like well I have insurance don't they cover the shipping on a warranty exchange?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Well then you'll have to clean it yourself or get it repaired yourself if the actual sensor is broken.

To clean it check this thread. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._pictures.html

If it's the actual sensor then you might as well send it in. Or get bbrepairshop.com to repair it for 35 bucks I think.

Not sure why you wouldn't just send it in since it's on warranty still.

Good luck.

blah fed up with this im sending it in