I have downloaded the trackball light program on my computer, extracted the files and with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stiletto no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball Light Program Weird Error

Advertisement

I have downloaded the trackball light program on my computer, extracted the files and with DM tried to load the alx file. When I hit add and hightlight the file it comes back saying there is an error and here is how it reads "No additional applications designed for your device were found". What the heck does that mean? I pulled the battery, restarted the computer and the same thing comes back up!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Trackball Light Program Weird Error

Try moving the .axl file somewhere else and reload it. Then if it gives you the error again, scroll down and make sure it's checked. Even if it gives you the error hit next and see if the files are going to be loaded anyways. Hope that helps

proanim8r no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E693F2

i was getting that error when I was loading the upgrade. I had to uninstall the old version, reboot the Pearl, make sure the new version was in a different directory on the PC, then install it. I still got the error message but the prog installed anyway. I don't know why it did what it did but what I did got around it.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

just click next in the app loader and it will update the trackball program.

stiletto no está en línea Stack level 1

Well, it finally worked. I was clicking next and it was still doing it, but like above, it finally installed! But, now I am worried for when I purchase. I only got a trial, but will definately get this one! I love it!

mary anna no está en línea Stack level 1

i am having the same problem as of above with msg errors i read the other ones on how to fix it or just push next any way and mine wont go i have the 8130 does this make a difference

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Mary anna, welcome to pinstack. You probably haven't downloaded the Device Software package for you 8130 and installed it on your PC. You can find it by following the link for your carrier in this thread, BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Having the 8130 doesn't make any difference except as to which Device Software Package you download.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mary anna no está en línea Stack level 1

so i have all of these apps on my desk top to extract and when i do this do i need to specify a folder to put them in or does it matter

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Just a quick note, sorry it doesn't work on the 8130, because I believe I was told that's because the trackball light is white and its not multicolored like the 8100.sorry

soul40k no está en línea Stack level 1

Yup, the 8100 series has multiple leds around the trackball, the 8130 only has 1 clear LED.

The only way to change it is to use marker on it, but that also VOIDS YOUR WARRENTY!

Just so you know!