ok my trackball will physically move, but for some reason when i'm rolling it down, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

seatinyourx3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question trackball issues!

Advertisement

ok my trackball will physically move, but for some reason when i'm rolling it down, it doesn't move down on the screen. this makes it very difficult to make phone calls, check text messages, anything! i don't know if this is software or hardware related but my warranty has run out and i don't know how to fix this. any advice? anyone else have this problem? ahh!

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    might be time to do this

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ictures-38395/

had the same problem and this fixed it

don't really need to take the trackball assembly apart just make sure that the rollers don't have lint in em
    Last edited by ej; 11-10-2008 at 09:08 AM.
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

seatinyourx3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i tried that, everything moves smoothly it just doesn't register the movement on the screen, sometimes it wont go to one side or the other, other times it's that it wont go up and down. then there are times when it works perfectly fine, so i don't know what it is, but i cleaned it out and it's still not working thanks anyways though!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Might want to try ordering a new trackball, you can get them from this site here: http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-81xx83...ll-p-1857.html

They are cheap and work great, I order from them all the time. Only thing is they ship from china so it usually takes almost 2 weeks to get here from the date of order. There is another site here in the states, bbtrackball.com but I had a bad experience with them, item arrived poorly packaged and damaged so by the time I got my replacement it had been almost as long as ordering from China.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Might want to try ordering a new trackball, you can get them from this site here: http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-81xx83...ll-p-1857.html
    I did this too and ordered 3 of them, with the rings, just for spares (several of my friends have Curves and I figured extra trackballs might come in handy). When you put the ring back on, just make sure the tabs are at 3, 6 & 9 o'clock before you snap it down.

If you replace the trackball assembly and still have the problem, it probably means you have a sensor issue on the "motherboard" of your phone...and that may be a terminal problem.

Good luck.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hey, there is a unorthodox method of making it work... It is to take a small amount of cigarette ash... Very small amount of it and roll it into the trackball and it should work flawlessly again... However, its recommended that you take a can of compressed air and blow it into the trackball to fix it rather than my unusual method.
    Let us know if you get it working again. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~