Hey everyone!! This morning I was sitting in my car (letting it warm up) and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Trackball.......I think its broken!! HELP..

Advertisement

Hey everyone!! This morning I was sitting in my car (letting it warm up) and I was just admiring my Pearl LOL, and I noticed that the little white retainer (around the track ball) moves with the track ball when I scroll. Although it only moves when I scroll up, not side to side or down..........Is something broken?? it doesn't feel broken, the track ball is still precise and accurate!! but I don't remember the white retainer thing moving (at all). What should I do??........please, I'm a little nervous as I've only had my Pearl for 3 months and I treat it like a newborn

Thanks in advance!!

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49

Re: Trackball.......I think its broken!! HELP..

This happened to me once when I first got the pearl. I ended up pulling up the metal ring and found that the retainer clip had come loose on the top part of the clip. I just pushed it back in and put the metal ring back on and it stopped moving around. Maybe try that and see if the same thing happened to you.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I'm not sure what you mean but on my curve the white retainer thingie does move a little when I scroll around. I think it's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by jbreidel View Post
    This happened to me once when I first got the pearl. I ended up pulling up the metal ring and found that the retainer clip had come loose on the top part of the clip. I just pushed it back in and put the metal ring back on and it stopped moving around. Maybe try that and see if the same thing happened to you.
    Okay....I'll try at home!! cuz I'm at work right now...and I'd like to be able to take my time to get it right......

Uh, I just LOVE my phone...and I take good care of it, and it just sucks to think that it may be broken!! but I hope not...thanks for the help
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean but on my curve the white retainer thingie does move a little when I scroll around. I think it's normal.
    Well If the retainer would move all around (every way), then I'd understand!! but it only moves upwards when I scroll...and I honestly don't remember it moving at all

I hope its okay!!
    Last edited by beeshabo; 12-14-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Automerged.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

i just noticed that on my 8100...

it moves a little when i scroll up...
    could this be a normal thing? or should i start to worry?
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

just checked my 8100 and the pearl does move up and down.
    So no worries

Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    just checked my 8100 and the pearl does move up and down.
    So no worries
    Vince......of coarse the pearl moves, but I'm referring to the little white retainer that houses the pearl, it moves up with the trackball when you scroll........I'm a little worried too, but jbreidel says that it happened to her...check her post!!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Vince......of coarse the pearl moves, but I'm referring to the little white retainer that houses the pearl, it moves up with the trackball when you scroll........I'm a little worried too, but jbreidel says that it happened to her...check her post!!
    I knew what you where refering to, and my little white retainer moves up and down, sorry i didnt make my post clearer.

tj2311111 Guest

My white retainer that houses the Pearl doesn't move in any direction. I dont know about you guys but I dont scroll hard on my Pearl's "pearl". I barely touch it when I scroll and when I have to select anything I use the enter key instead of pressing the Pearl. So my retainer is pretty solid but I expect if it moves a little that is normal with the everyday use.

Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    I knew what you where refering to, and my little white retainer moves up and down, sorry i didnt make my post clearer.
    Oh no biggie....but yeah, I guess it'll be okay!! I'll just keep my eye on it to make sure it don't move even more through time and use...if so, I'll take the risk to take jbreidel's advice.....

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    My white retainer that houses the Pearl doesn't move in any direction. I dont know about you guys but I dont scroll hard on my Pearl's "pearl". I barely touch it when I scroll and when I have to select anything I use the enter key instead of pressing the Pearl. So my retainer is pretty solid but I expect if it moves a little that is normal with the everyday use.
    yeah.....I don't scroll hard at all, I'm fairly gentle with it.....and I also use the enter key to select instead of pressing down on the pearl constantly, well....we'll see what happens!

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you are referring to the ring around the trackball, it should be stationary. If it has come loose, it may need to be GENTLY lifted & reseated. If it is broken, eBay has them for about $5 US.

Good luck!

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ mine moves when I scroll up and down but not much.. And it doesn't move from side to side.

Quote Originally Posted by rogernmonica View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ mine moves when I scroll up and down but not much.. And it doesn't move from side to side.
    \

Yeah.....some say it does move, and mine too, but it don't move much...not enough for you to feel it, but you can see it

If it gets worse, I might just try to re-adjust it, and if its broken.......I'll just replace it