I just got a new blackberry pearl this afternoon. It was a replacment for the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BulleTIM no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250f7fba

Trackball help

Advertisement

I just got a new blackberry pearl this afternoon. It was a replacment for the one I got yesterday that had a scratch on it when it arrived. But I am having trouble with the trackball. I pulled it apart to check it was clean, and it was spotless, which is what I was expecting since its a new handset.

But it wont stop selecting whatever is highlighted at the time. As soon as I hight the red phone button, or back, it just reselects whats on the screen.

Any advice? I should be getting another new handset tomorrow, but I live of my phone and just need a quick fix to last me 24 hours.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Re: Trackball help

battery pull? reload the OS?

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

If the bat pull or OS re-install doesn't work... call Customer Care, raise hell, and demand a non-refurb phone, b/c most likely what you got is a refurb. I did that with T-mo once and it worked, but that was years ago
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

those of us who have had trackball issues have just left the phone alone for a few hours and came back to it and everything was normal...it is possible that during the shipping process the phone got jostled around a little and this may have affected the trackball (kinda like when you keep it in your pocket for too long...same thing)...do a battery pull and see if that doesn't help...make sure you leave the battery out for over 30 seconds to fully dissipate the charge built up in your phone...if that doesn't work i would try installing the newest Desktop Manager and OS from T-Mobile before you send the phone back...hope this helps...post back with progress

PIN/ID
    n/a

I've had my Pearl for 6 or 7 months now and never had an issue. (KNOCK ON WOOD)
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

aflansburg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2469F3D5

Mine did that at first too. I finally just threw it down fairly hard on the carpet and it must've jarred something back into place because it stopped. I wouldn't suggest this fix though. It seems to be a common thing though.

BulleTIM no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250f7fba

I got a new handset this morning.

My 3rd in 3 days. They tried to offer me an LG shine or blackberry 8800 instead of another pearl =/

hopefull this one will work without fault.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by BulleTIM View Post
    I got a new handset this morning.

My 3rd in 3 days. They tried to offer me an LG shine or blackberry 8800 instead of another pearl =/

hopefull this one will work without fault.
    Good luck bro. Let us know how it works out