Hey all! On my 8100, my trackball and the "context menu" key to the left ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

int2str no está en línea Stack level 2

Trackball gone wild

Advertisement

Hey all!

On my 8100, my trackball and the "context menu" key to the left of it have gone nuts. For a while, the trackball didn't register any "clicks" (push down) this morning and last night. Navigation still works, but pushing down does nothing.

Then, after a while of random poking at it by me, it started working again, but now the key to the left of it is on rapid-fire... As soon as I bring up the menu, a function is selected automatically and the menu dismissed....

Very strange.

Has anybody seen this problem before?
    Dirt under the keypad maybe?

I've tried rebooting various times and it does not seem to make a difference.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Re: Trackball gone wild

sounds like something internally is wrong, i would get a replacement and not bother with an OS reinstall

unless you feel inclined to rip it apart

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Re: Trackball gone wild

You can also use canned air to blow out the trackball. Could be some dirt under it. Also you can try the classic batt-pull.

HTH
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

only26dude no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Thumbs up Re: Trackball gone wild

Quote Originally Posted by int2str View Post
    Hey all!

On my 8100, my trackball and the "context menu" key to the left of it have gone nuts. For a while, the trackball didn't register any "clicks" (push down) this morning and last night. Navigation still works, but pushing down does nothing.

Then, after a while of random poking at it by me, it started working again, but now the key to the left of it is on rapid-fire... As soon as I bring up the menu, a function is selected automatically and the menu dismissed....

Very strange.

Has anybody seen this problem before?
    Dirt under the keypad maybe?

I've tried rebooting various times and it does not seem to make a difference.

Check out this URL & do on your own Risk :-

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._pictures.html