Ok so ive been having problems with the trackball it doesnt happend alot it only ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

clos36 no está en línea Stack level 2

Trackball getting stuck?

Advertisement

Ok so ive been having problems with the trackball

it doesnt happend alot it only happens when i dont use the pearl for a while..
    usually when i use the trackball to go from left to right or up and down it works fine...but lately when i try to go right the ball it moves but on the screen of the pearl it wont move it will stay on the same spot...i dont know if the track ball is messed up or something....its pretty annoying since i just got the pearl i havent dropped it or anything

any one know what it might be..or should i just exchange my pearl and get a new one through the mail since i have that 1 year warranty exchange on it

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Re: Trackball getting stuck?

I experienced the same thing a couple of days ago. The ball felt like it was moving under my thunb but it didn't make the cursor move from right to left. I played with it a little and pressed a little bit harder and got it working again.

I read somewhere here on the stack that you should clean the trackball with compressed air. Maybe i'll try that.

BRZ

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

oh, I also read that cleaning it with denatured alcohol will work

clos36 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebreeze
    oh, I also read that cleaning it with denatured alcohol will work
    thanks man i just did that and it looks bright it works better maybe it that was the problem that it got dirty...i just got back from vacation and i traveled to central america and there is so much dust even my ps2 got dirt lol but thanks

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Remember when using the compressed air, not to hold the bottle of air upside down. This will cause the CO2 liquid to form at the nosel and spray out the bottle and into/onto your Pearl, causing it to freeze and/or cause water damage. Never hold the compressed air can upside down. And do not shake it.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE