Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

should look like this... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Trackball doesn't click down...

Advertisement

should look like this

Last edited by reddog187; 08-08-2007 at 03:55 AM.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

Well I disassembled it again...I must say it was a lot easier than the first...I don't know...upon looking at the design, I can't figure out what actually makes it "click" down...is it the magnetic rollers? The metal tab at the bottom? I took that metal tab and slightly bent it upward...like toward the pearl itself thinking it might lift it a little...but that hasn't worked. I'm just stumped...maybe i'll take it apart once again and see if I can figure something else out...since it's getting easier!

If you guys have anymore ideas please let me know...I'll keep checking this thread out, but thanks for all the help so far!

Made

PIN/ID
    STACK

no problem man, i'm stumped too. If you look closely at the tab it has that indent, or it could just be the piece that's on the motherboard?

I dunno I'm at a loss.

PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

lol...I am too...I mean on your pearl though you can feel what I'm talking about right? It's like the ball is pressed out or something, and when you push down on it...it kinda clicks. I don't know how to describe it any better...

PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea know what you're talking about now. If you can't fix it I would just tell them to send you a new one. There is a warranty on them.

Good luck man

PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welp since we are all stumped I called tmo and the replacement is on the way...I appreciate all the help guys...this one will just go in the books as one of the mystery malfunctions of the pearl...

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

It wouldn't be the trackball assembly...that square thing on the phone board under the trackball is actually a button even though it looks flat. Sounds like yours is semi stuck down. (try at your own risk)Try and take...say ball point pen (what i used) and try and push it down and see if it clicks...not sure how you would actually fix it though if it is stuck down. I actually did it with my phone on so I could see when and if did click. (btw..that led under the trackball is hella bright without that trackball there)
    Last edited by VeryBerry; 08-08-2007 at 05:14 AM.

timskfx no está en línea Stack level 2

i recently had to send my pearl back due to the entire keypad and pearl would move up down left right but woulnt select. id call the provider and see if theyll fix it or send you a new one. they ended up sending me a BRAND NEW pearl...so im pretty stoked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12