Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Trackball on the 8100 does light up different colors when you recieve phone calls ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Trackball does do colors But...

Advertisement

The Trackball on the 8100 does light up different colors when you recieve phone calls if you have it set. They should make it have settings I.E. we can set it to light blue when connected to BT device and different things use your imagination... maybe they will fix it in a future software release.

What do you think?

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: Trackball does do colors But...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I agree. I had a Motorola V80 which had multicolor lights around the casing and you could set them to light up different colors and different pre-programmed patterns for specific phonebook entries. It was cool in situations like in the car with my BlueTooth headset connected. When my phone rang and I saw it light up purple I knew it was my girlfriend, or red was my boss, blue was my brother, etc and I didn't have to take my eyes off the road to read the Caller ID, I just knew who was calling. Convenient and Safety conscious in that scenario. I think it could be set to do other things as well, unfortunetly that phone had so many software bugs and other glitches(possibly Motorola's biggest failure of recent years-anyone ever use that POS phone??) that I only kept it for a few months before ditching it and really getting to explore all its features in depth. I'm sure if I spent some time thinking about it there are a ton of things I could come up with to do with lights like that on the Pearl. Can't do it now though, gotta get back to doing real work. Hahahaha. If my boss only knew what I was doing with my BB half the time. He is so clueless, I think a significant portion of my income is technically earned posting on The Stacks and playing Tetris and Sudoku. Thank you BB!!! Anyway now I am just rambling on some tangent. Bottom line, I agree with you dfc.

supraz no está en línea Stack level 2

dfc420, I must be missing where u set that, can u be alittle more detailed on how u did it please

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I also would like to know how you set the trackball to change colors?

sDOTmelfi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c3a2e5

go to your call log. go to option in the call log. select general options. at the bottom ther is an option for "ringtone lighting." click that and select the "trackball" option. hit save and your done.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Ahhh...thanks...the one menu I had forgot about.

sDOTmelfi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c3a2e5

no worries.

supraz no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ very nice thank you sir

jkim59 no está en línea Stack level 1

Is it able to have different colors? I changed it in options to have the trackball lighting ON when the certain person calls, but there is no color option.

Thanks!

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Lightbulb Re: Trackball does do colors But...

one day about a month ago I wore some new blue jeans and put my pearl in my pocket. To my surpirise the trackball turned a nice blue color. Since then it's been like that and it looks really cool. I love it!

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

There is a program out that lets you pick the color of your trackball..... Its called Colour Your Trackball its 4 dollars.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Just so all the new users know...enabling the trackball to light up will not work if your profile is set to silent (vibrate)
    Just a lil FYI.
    Not sure why RIM did this.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gtij51 no está en línea Stack level 1

does any one have the problem where the light on the blue is dim? it seems to happen to me. but i pull it out the case its a nice dark blue

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Gtij51
    does any one have the problem where the light on the blue is dim? it seems to happen to me. but i pull it out the case its a nice dark blue
    Yeah it does that no matter what color you have it on. I don't like it becuase pretty much all it is doing is wasting battery when it does that. I actually colored the white LED pink before the app to change it came about. The good thing about that was the it would turn off after you put the phone in standby mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast