Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Blast of air from a can 2. Placing on hard surface and rolling on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3

Trackball cleaning WITHOUT taking it apart

Advertisement

1. Blast of air from a can
    2. Placing on hard surface and rolling on trackball (got that from Tmobile customer service)
    3. Any others?
    THanks, Bill

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Trackball cleaning WITHOUT taking it apart

Rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip.

Linney no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FFAE5D

Run on hard surface like what? Wouldn't you scuff your screen?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

I dont get that Rolling the TrackBall on the Hard Surface...

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't get the hard surface, either. I was thinking maybe on a rubber surface that might grab dirt and oil. Like the back of a mousepad. I have no evidence that this works, and I personally haven't tried it (being a new BB user), but I've used the eraser of a pencil to clean lots of things. Just a random thought.

Rajinn no está en línea Stack level 2

absolutely do not recommend a pencil eraser in anything with electronic parts, especially rollers, as little fragments will go inside it and jam it horribly!

i took an alcohol wipe and put it on a flat surface and ran my pearl over that (letting it ride on the ball so nothing else touched) and that got a lot of the oil and such off. trying to keep mine all shiny before its too late!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

that is what Apple tells us to do with the Mighty Mouse. I do that on a clean white piece of paper so I can see the junk that falls out.
    But Q-tip is better with rubbing alcohol as said above

xbananax no está en línea Stack level 1

I cleaned my trackball with an alcohol prep swab because the trackball wouldn't work. . and.. apparently my phone isn't functioning the way it should. does my phone have a major problem? the letters seemed to be typing all messed up and stuff. do you guys have a clue what happened?
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 01-21-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: edited for language.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

maybe some of the alcohol went to the keyboard and now the keyboard is drunk yesh!

I would advice the following to prevent problems with the trackball.

Regular cleaning the phone (once a week), front and back.. take off the back cover / battery and clean out there aswell.
    Use compressed air (to some extent tho, if to high presure on the air this could harm the components).
    Qtip with some water on it (NOT DRIPPING) makes it easier to clean the not so accessible places.

And don't place the phone in dirty pockets without "protection".. place the phone alone in pocket of your jacket.

jegiss no está en línea Stack level 1

I have good luck cleaning phones in the past with the Zeiss lens cleaning wipes that you can find at Wal-Mart. I have now used them on my Pearl. They are great for cleaning light body oil off of plastic and glass. I have never had a problem using them and they are easy to carry with you.

They are not heavily saturated so I don't worry about excess fluid getting into the device.

Of course do this at your own risk.

Eric

svcrick no está en línea Stack level 2

Last time mine was typing all screwed up i found that it was typing in the wrong language. Apparrently there is a series of key presses that will change the language, dont remember what they were though. Hope this helps.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by svcrick View Post
    Last time mine was typing all screwed up i found that it was typing in the wrong language. Apparrently there is a series of key presses that will change the language, dont remember what they were though. Hope this helps.
    Sorry for the threadjack...

If you don't need multiple languages, you can delete them. Then you won't have accidental language input changes.

/jacking

OT, I use alcohol and Q-Tip, can of air, and the leather slip holster to carry it around, keeps a ton of garbage out of it to begin with.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Flyer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Well what works for me is to simply use my thumb in a vigarous circular action until the trackball clears the dust out. Do this lying on your back with the Pearl looking down at you and gravity will help as well.20524959

ayemattyyy no está en línea Stack level 1

having a sidekick three, i understand the trackball ordeal. take a piece of scotch tape, cut it in half,(longwise? idk the term, but if you have the length of the tape, cut it down the middle so it's two long pieces, not two stumpy pieces. ) slide it under the ball a few times, that should grab any decent sized junk :]

Nizman no está en línea Stack level 1

I used a anti static cloth with some alcohol on it.......

Might try the Q-tip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast