Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Oh weird, nope I had to put it together myself. I couldn't link since some ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Trackball Cleaning and Disassembly w/ PICTURES

Advertisement

Oh weird, nope I had to put it together myself. I couldn't link since some people copy right their pictures and so had to take some of my own. Since we can't link to the "other" forum where it had one of these, I decided we needed one. Some people don't like getting linked to so long story short Pinstack needed it so I made one.

His is way more detailed. I just did it because a member asked for this. To answer your question I did not get it from cyberdrew. If I had known about his site I would have gladly linked to it. I'm not sure if he is affiliated with the "other" forum, if he is then it's against the forum rules to link to it. I just made it to help out a member/community and it didn't break any of PinStacks rules.

Cheers.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Good job, as always Red, I could have used a week LOL> I did this and it was very trying!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

duchabeth no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Trackball Cleaning and Disassembly w/ PICTURES

This helped a great deal!!! Thanks for all the visuals as well!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cp6169 do you even have a pearl? I thought you had a curve.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    OMG! that is GROSS RED!!! j/p -- but seriously - that's like the kirby guy coming over and vacuuming up my carpet and getting all that nastiness that your 'normal' vacuum cleaner doesn't get

nice write up red...as always
    Cherri, if the Kirby guy gets you upset, don't ever let the Dyson guy in!

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Wow,
    Didn't plan on doing this, but when I got up this morning my trackball was LOCKED--could not move left. Luckily I had a spare half hour before work so I dug in and started popping things apart. Definitely follow reddog's advice and mark the parts. I would in particular put a mark on the two white plastic halves that sandwhich the rollers between--I spent probably 10-12 minutes of a half hour process trying to figure out how to those went back together. The way they fit is surprisingly hard to see and I'm someone who is fairly experienced with taking stuff apart and tinkering.
    I do highly recommend this process to anyone having roller problems. After 8 or so months, my pearl had a tightly packed wad of fine lint nearly 1/2 the size of the trackball itself. I can't imagine how the "detergent dunk" of the whole assembly I've read about elsewhere on this forum could begin to
    address that degree of lint buildup, even if you did it regularly.
    It's actually a pretty easy process if you're careful to pay attention on dissassembly and mark the parts with a sharpie or something at every opportunity.

dopeyloc718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E26A21

wow i waz on the train today and i was mad that my trackball cant click so i juz pulled a little bit with my nail and the metal thing came of im like oops. so i get home and i started 2 look at this thread. i did manage to open it and clean the dust but my trackball still doesnt click and its still black of dirt after i tried 2 clean it many times help plz

PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So what are you trying to do dopey? I thought you just got your BB?

regor99 no está en línea Stack level 2

Well my pearl finally stopped working up and down after much effort to fix. I disassembled it as per the pictures. There was a gisnt wad of lint trapped between the ball and the rollers. However I just can't get it assembled again! I've taken it to a few repairers in the area but they don't have a clue. If anyone can let me know where I can get a new trackball assembly in the London, Slough, UK area cheap please let me know. In the meantime Ive had to go back to my trusty 7105t.

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks for the info. I did it in about 10 mins today at work. I didn't mark the pieces but I kept it together and only took one roller out at a time. Now I don't feel that grinding sensation when I use it. I actualy was telling someone the other day that the track ball needed cleaning instructions. I've been usein a trackball on my pc for years.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by regor99
    Well my pearl finally stopped working up and down after much effort to fix. I disassembled it as per the pictures. There was a gisnt wad of lint trapped between the ball and the rollers. However I just can't get it assembled again! I've taken it to a few repairers in the area but they don't have a clue. If anyone can let me know where I can get a new trackball assembly in the London, Slough, UK area cheap please let me know. In the meantime Ive had to go back to my trusty 7105t.
    regor are you still having problems assembling it?

hi reddog . Im afraid so and my pudgy fingers has suceeded in knackering it forever. Im going to need a new trackball assembly. in the meantime I'm going through serious withdrawal from my pearl. Hopefully I can get one when I visit the Uk on Thursday.

PIN/ID
    STACK

are you sure? What's wrong with it?

Metal retaining clip snapped. (Mighty pudgy fingers!)

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast