Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 LastLast

I followed this and it helped TONS. Thanks very much.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BStark no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I followed this and it helped TONS. Thanks very much.

ScarletHarlot no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I did this with my Pearl except taking apart the assembly of the pearl because there wasn't any lint build up. My pearl randomly will just not scroll in a certain direction and I figured it was lint. So I did this last night, had some difficulty putting it back together (specifically, the metal retaining clip), and now it won't scroll right, battery pull, turn off, nothing. Did I do something wrong? Because that metal clip started pissing me off so I tried looking at your pictures, aligning it, pushing it back down but it didn't stay so I forced the plastic retaining clip down on it.

mborotownhomes no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey man awesome write-up on a DIY, I know my ball sticks sometimes but I just have not had the time or the guts to take my 8100 apart but after seeing this I might give it a try! Thanks!

wannp no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks I really needed that tutorial I'm on my forth blackberry pearl because of my trackballs ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

krayed no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks so much for the tutorial. It helped a lot!!!

aj8560 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just blasted it with air and it works better now =)

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Thanks. I was able to clean the trackball, rollers, and the rest of the assembly on my 8310 curve with these instructions. It was easy. I had lint wrapped around the north roller. Everything's fine now.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I used alcohol, cotton swab, and a toothbrush to get the link an gunk. What can we use to get the trackball back or close to its original color.
    Last edited by Safiy; 11-23-2008 at 06:46 PM.

marcan1984 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244D5F94
    terrified but trying this now< wow very easy and took around 20 minutes-rebooting -booted-OMG it works----Thanks so much for this thread.
    "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away"

tool46n2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Had to grow some to try to do this, but was really easy when i got down to it. thanx for the really good pics. got the little wheels mixed up also.

hypnotica no está en línea Stack level 1
    A friend of mine did this for me and it worked fine. When it seemed I had picked up more lint, I tried to do it myself. At first I didn't take the whole assembly apart, just wanted to clean it. I could not get the metal retaining clip and the plastic ring on. After several attempts at this the bottom part of the trackball assembly came off.

I don't see where the bottom part "snaps" onto the top part. I've tried it dozens of times with and without the ball, magnets, and the 4 prong retainer clip. Nothing seems to be broken off.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

famu98ee no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2401AFE2
    this is totally awesome!!!

following your instructions I was able to clean out my pearl. I could not move the courser to the left. I didn't know you could get that much dirt, lint, dust, fibers in to that small of an area. I was diggin for 30 mins. I did not remove the top bracket, but was able to clean with a sewing needle.

Thanks again. I will have to tell my fellow BB users.

aerosnic no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hypnotica View Post
    A friend of mine did this for me and it worked fine. When it seemed I had picked up more lint, I tried to do it myself. At first I didn't take the whole assembly apart, just wanted to clean it. I could not get the metal retaining clip and the plastic ring on. After several attempts at this the bottom part of the trackball assembly came off.

I don't see where the bottom part "snaps" onto the top part. I've tried it dozens of times with and without the ball, magnets, and the 4 prong retainer clip. Nothing seems to be broken off.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
    im having the same problem.. i did everything but now the botom part wont fit!!!! plzz someone help me im like crying right now ita like wayy to many space btween the top and bottom part to fit in :S

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    It's ludicrous to dissassemble the trackball, when all you ever need to do is:
    1. Spray the assembly with Windex.
    2. Depress and roll the ball in every direction.
    3. Gently flex the tip of each roller away from the assembly with a finger nail.
    4. Allow to dry 30 minutes.
    Then simply drop back into apperature, insuring that hangers are to your right and left, position
    three prongs with one to bottom, others to left and right, then depress retaining ring into place.

Have a back up assembly on hand, cause after a year or more you might want a fresh one!
    www.bbtrackball.com

Shoobop no está en línea Stack level 1
    You are officially in my will! Don't get too excited...I'm only a hundred-aire.

I popped off the retaining clip and the ball assembly came out no problem. I blew in there a little bit...yadda yadda yadda...didn't completely disassemble the ENTIRE thing like your photos show, cuz I'm a girl...and I'm terrified that I'd have extra pieces left over! LOL Popped it all back together again and it seemed like it rolled okay and almost right away it started acting funny again!

So how about this? My stupid BlackBerry (pearl 8130) is only 2 weeks old and I'm already having rollerball issues. Would you say that's a bit premature? I have a meticulously clean purse...no reason for dust bunnies. Arg! Should I go throw it at the Verizon store and get a replacement or am I flying off the handle for no reason?

Anyway - if you are still getting updates to this post, it sure would be nice to know if you thought I should get a replacement.

Thanks for this post!!

Love, Shoobop!