Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920 LastLast

Originally Posted by nny2k Yeah I laughed as I was posting that comment. Played with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by nny2k View Post
    Yeah I laughed as I was posting that comment.

Played with the assembly again last night, gave up and ordered a replacement from a local shop 20mi away on Ebay $10

That should get me through until I retire it for a BOLD
    i can get the Bold for free!!!

The Juice no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just did mine & OMG, what a nightmare. I don't know if it was the fact that I cleaned the little bit of dirt or left the two aluminum rings out but it works better than ever.
    Hit me on my BlackBerry-Rass Kass

fyshawk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30287E32
    I followed instructions to the T and it was pretty dirty cleaned it up nice so now it flys along real good thanks for the Tutorial

I do computers to Building repair and such what people dont see is the worst i have cleaned some real nightmare of comps out of dust and such

I know not very nice at all
    Last edited by fyshawk; 06-05-2008 at 02:07 PM.
    Main-Asus P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard
    Quad Q6600
    OCZ Reaper 4GB 2X2GB
    BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
    1 x 320 gig WD SATA Drive/2xDell 2005FPW

mondouxd no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have done this a few times already and find it works rather well to keep the trackball from getting too brown. I use a small precision flat-head screw driver and pry the silver ring at the 4 o'clock position and slightly twist the ring up. Then to clean the ball just pop the trackball assembly out and (while the ball is still in the square assembly) use 70% rubbing alcohol on a q-tip and rub the ball, rotating it in every direction while holding it still to get the whole thing washed. After, just give it a few minutes to dry, give the hole in the blackberry a blow and wipe it down with a dry q-tip, put the assembly back in, and you're good to go. I don't even turn off the blackberry during the procedure and it only takes a few minutes. I plan on doing this weekly to keep the ball from getting too dark and locking up. Hope this helps someone' thanks everyone for making this thread so helpful.

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85
    I take out the assembly and use those pc wipes on the whole thing and it works well.

it almost seems like the liquid in the wipes disinigrates(sp) the crud and it works fine afterwards. I dont turn my bb off while doing this and havent had a problem.

recently my wifes pearl quit working, she had to tap the top of it to be able to hear someone talking, other than that it worked great. so we ordered a new one for her and I canibalized my pearl (which was on its last leg) for the speaker. now I haev a BB thats about 4 mo. old and in great shape, AND I have an extra one for parts!
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

brawnson no está en línea Stack level 1

help

help!!!!! im trying to put it back together and the assembly keeps falling apart

soufpac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    \P
    Quote Originally Posted by brawnson View Post
    help!!!!! im trying to put it back together and the assembly keeps falling apart
    are you putting it back as said in the directions? i was going crazy for half an hour trying to put together the casing of the trackball, when i noticed i was doing it upside down. look at reds pictures again, the casing for the trackball will only snap back together if they are aligned right.

oh and on a side note, thanks alot red. another satisfied stacker.
    "I dont pray for lighter burdens, I pray for a stronger back."

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

There are 4 metal tabs that hold the casing together. 2 have small rectangular hole, 2 have 2 small "wings" on each side. Look @ the plastic casing, it's just like putting a puzzle together...2 small white rectangular plastic tabs stick out on opposite sides.(metal tabs snap around those.)

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    MIGHT try this myself, but I don't know yet.

nellyax no está en línea Stack level 1

An easy fix

I got a new trackball at www.BlackberryTrackballs.com
    and it was really easy to do myself. It was so much cheaper than what AT&T told me!! Mine wasn't scrolling well, and then I dropped it and it fell out!

I highly recommend the site, as they sent out my trackball the same day. It was SO annoying to be without it.

BTW, I'm have NO technical experience other than fixing my trackball!

IRDanielC no está en línea Stack level 2
    is their anyway to get the pearl looking more whiter?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Folks-pay CLOSE attention to how the assembly is-what position is in when you remove it from the device, and put it back in EXACTLY as it came out. A little tricky at first, but after a few times you get the hang of it.

disciples0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    My advice: Start keeping your thumbs cleaner

oc12522 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I been trying to put this thing back together for over an hour now and its not working. I have the magnets in the right place im putting the plastic thing the right way but 4 some reason when im putting the last metal thing its not snappin.

clary33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i followed the steps but my trackball still gets stuck.... i dont dare to try it again lol its very fustrating tho
    ~ Clary~

*Live, Love, Laugh*