Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

okay quick question: when you take the ASSEMBLY off, do you notice the little metal ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C

Advertisement

okay quick question:

when you take the ASSEMBLY off, do you notice
    the little metal part on the bottom that rests against the motherboard/circuits?

what direction is that supposed to be pointing in??

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrykku27 View Post
    okay quick question:

when you take the ASSEMBLY off, do you notice
    the little metal part on the bottom that rests against the motherboard/circuits?

what direction is that supposed to be pointing in??
    Up or down it does not matter. either way it makes a connection.

Fishbone35 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you tremendously for this info, reddog! The trackball on my Pearl quit scrolling down a couple of days ago and I've been extremely bummed about it.

Now, however, thanks to your thread I'll be back in action shortly!

lighterlung no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3183FFAB
    Well, I feel that I accomplished something, so much so, I had to record my experience here...
    A couple of days ago I cut my thumb on my left hand keeping a bandage on it. Well, not thinking anything about, I just kept using my 8130, of course I'm left handed...the bandage got alittle wet, and with no more available, I just tried doing a quick dry by squeezing it with a towel...then after a couple of uses later, it started unraveling!!!
    I shouldn't have to tell everyone what happened...sticky threads hanging down started sticking to the ball, and holy &%$(*>...
    I'm over 50, and my sight is like 30/40; grabbed my readin glasses, and Radio Shack screwdriver set, tweezers....man, first time I wish I had a set of wooden tweezers...hehheh.
    Okay, I managed to pull out a piece of bandaid thread alittle over an inch long that was wrapped around the shaft that crippled my eastward navigation (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?).
    I've "never" worked on anything so small,
    this makes changing a cmos battery in a laptop, or even soldering a capacitor in an old guiter amp a piece of cake. I was successful, and it works good again, and I feel gratified. Still sense a touch of grittyness in the action, but I think your bound to feel some, it was there even with first use out of the box.
    Thank you very much for this post reddog, and thanks to all the other Stackers here for their input, and feedback.
    Such a cool place here....

LL
    Last edited by lighterlung; 03-30-2008 at 01:38 AM.

dugget no está en línea Stack level 2
    GROSS for the first time. but great thread thx.

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    ok, did mine, and, the internals weren't bad, but, my "ball" itself is turning a darker color, is there an easy fix for that? I'm wondering if it's a combination of not hesitating to grab it and use the phone while hands are filthy with grease from working on my RC truck, as well as my bad habit of handling mc d's and then my phone and then dropping it back into the holster.

is there a place to get specific colored pearls? (I could care less about the LED being able to shine through, I'd like an all black ball to put in, then it doesn't show as being strange like that)

trippnwo no está en línea Stack level 1
    trying mine now - its a good thing replacements on ebay are less than 15 now. I feel better knowing that in case i screw some thing up

trippnwo no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks hoss - add to the trust level.

I put it back together wrong the first time and the up - down - left - right were all backwards. Up and down went left and right and left - right went up and down.

Took it back apart and switched the magnets - worked great.

The metal clip was the hardest part for me (the one on the assembly itself). once you figure out that, it's cake. I did bend both metal pieces in the process but was able to get them back into shape so that everything went back together properly.
    Tip on the magnet rollers - think about what they should do and you cant get the orientation wrong.

notoriouskev04 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f2afe3
    you saved my life and my phone. thank you!

IzzyBB no está en línea Stack level 2
    Reddog,you rock!

I just got my replacement parts tonight....I couldn't figure out the fragile metal retainer but i knew I'd find the answer here.
    I dropped my Curve Sunday, face first on our hardwood floor....It bounced up: the track ball and plastic retainer flew out.
    I gathered up the two pieces and thought that was it...I noticed the plastic ring had a couple of teeth missing so i ordered parts.

Just installed them....All is right with the world!

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    Awesome post! I could have used this long ago, lol. I've been through 8 pearls in 2 years bcuz the trackball wouldn't move! At least I won't ever have to pay $15 for express shipping of a new pearl again.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

aboogy58 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305AE3CF

Right on the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That really worked like a charm. Good write up.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    nice.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I'm going to have to do this soon. Thanks.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Done it...no big deal. Just do not lose or get out-of-place, all the little rolly-things...

....I found cat-hair and metal slivers all over mine........that darn cat!!!!(I know it planted the slivers!)