2522d54d

Re: Trackball Cleaning and Disassembly w/ PICTURES

Advertisement

does this work for curve?

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3

Very nice DIY is was alot easier than I thought it would be, thank you. It was a little dusty on the circuit board but hardly anything on the rollers, but at least i know its all clean now.

scastillo13 no está en línea Stack level 1

awesome, mine is new, but i'll remember this thread for future porpuses, good work man. Thanks for the detail lessson!

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

I took apart my 8300 trackball although there were no issues about my trackball. Just doing for the fun of it. It took me about 15 minutes and while doing it I kept saying to myself 'red had warned earlier that the risk is myself to be borned'. Fuh...the curve works just after the process! Credits to red!

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3
    Can I put a trackball from an 8830 into an 8130? I've read it's possible & I like the feel of the one on the 8830 better.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by jr! View Post
    Can I put a trackball from an 8830 into an 8130? I've read it's possible & I like the feel of the one on the 8830 better.
    You should be able to. i switch between an 8800 and an 8100. Can't see those devices being any different.

markosfelix no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a BB 8100 Pearl that is in bad shape so I ordered some parts off of ebay to make it look better.

I took the phone apart and the microphone and boot assembly fell out and I'm not sure how to get my microphone to work properly again.

I have it mounted in the right spot, but when I turn the phone on to test it there is no sound being transmitted out, and no one can hear me but I can hear my voice in the phone through the BB earpiece.

What do I do, did one of the small metal parts on the microphone get shifted and needs adjusting? There are 3 metal prongs and one was bent into the middle I think, but not sure.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Addicted to Crackberry

jr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    You should be able to. i switch between an 8800 and an 8100. Can't see those devices being any different.
    Thanks!
    I do notice though that not all web sites differentiate between the different track balls.
    blackberrytrackballs.com sells a 1 size fits all, while cnn.cn sells different ones.

Which ones are the ones that blackberrytrackballs.com sells?
    My buddy has an 8830 & his trackball is WAY better than mine on my 8130.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Thanks!
    I do notice though that not all web sites differentiate between the different track balls.
    blackberrytrackballs.com sells a 1 size fits all, while cnn.cn sells different ones.

Which ones are the ones that blackberrytrackballs.com sells?
    My buddy has an 8830 & his trackball is WAY better than mine on my 8130.
    Trackballs are all the same...there is no difference.

jr!
    Then why do the ones on the Pearls feel...gritty almost, & the ones on the 8830 feel much smoother? Is it the mechanism that's different?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Then why do the ones on the Pearls feel...gritty almost, & the ones on the 8830 feel much smoother? Is it the mechanism that's different?
    At one point they did make some minor changes to the trackball. One of those changes being that aside from the retaining ring the trackball assembly is 1 piece instead of having an inner retaining ring. I have run into the gritty/non- gritty trackballs as well. There is not functional difference between the two. I got a batch of 25 8320's and at least half of them were gritty feeling and the other half felt smooth. Pulled the trackball assemblies and could not see a difference in construction.

jr!
    hmmm...so I guess it will be hit & miss for me to get a smooth & non gritty feeling trackball replacement.

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A
    Thank you for this thread, I have been doing some tile work on my bathroom ( with my curve on my pocket ), lots of dust, debris etc, today i was not able to move the wheel due to been super dirty, I removed all the parts, and I remembered about this thread i saw a couple of months back, I cleaned all the rolls and the inner parts of the mechanism with alcohol, it worked now it is like a brand new part. one thing, when I was placing it back together, I messed up the position of the rolls and when scrolled, when going left, it would go up ???? I saw the pics and place them the way it is shown here and now I am happy.

Thank you for this valuable info ,

mikfento no está en línea Stack level 1
    MAN THAT'S SOME GOOD STUFF!!!!

I got my pearl second hand and the vertical scrolling was jumpy at best......Five minutes with your guide and I'm rollin' smooth as glass!

Thanks so much!

x3 lena no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you SO MUCH for this. My trackball started having issues scrolling down this morning, and I started freaking out...then I remembered that I have Pinstack as an amazing resource :] I had issues with placing the magnets in the right spots (I put it back in intially and it started scrolling in opposite directions - left and right was up and down, and vice versa) but I eventually got it so yay! Thanks again!