Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by ir_dizzle Hello everyone, I previously had a problem w/ my buttons not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Trackball Cleaning and Disassembly w/ PICTURES

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ir_dizzle View Post
    Hello everyone,

I previously had a problem w/ my buttons not working and the trackball button not working. After following the directions on this sticky, it works, but sometimes it still glitches... (when I disassembled the trackball, there was no sign of lint and very little dirt).

I did notice, however, that the circuit board underneath the trackball seems to have some white-looking powdery substance on it (it kind of looks like a battery that exploded for those who have seen that in a battery-operated device).

Does it normally look like this for those of you who have disassembled their trackball or am I the unlucky one??

Thanks.
    There shouldn't be any substance there...you may want to look into getting a replacement.

footcan no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Trackball Cleaning and Disassembly w/ PICTURES

I just performed the trackball cleaning and really wanted to say thanks. I followed the directions and I was blown away by how much lint was in the magnetic wheels. I tried to just get away with cleaning the lint around the wheel but it didn't help much. I finally got the courage to take all of the wheels apart and it was actually easier than I expected. Be careful though if you have fat fingers like me it might take a while to get it back together. The whole job took about ten minutes and it works awesome. Thanks again!!!

BENZO1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Red,
    I think the roller ball gets that dirty if you carry your phone in your pocket. I have had my pearl for some time now and I expected it to be as dirty as the one in your pics, to my surprise it was very clean. I think it was clean because I carry it in a holder on belt... Maybe for those who have problems with the roller ball getting dirty might wanna look at how they carry their pearls... (this is only a suggestion)

aside from what I think, the directions and detailed iformation was great. I have to admit I had to check the condition of my roller ball... No problems in following your instruction.

iseeyou626 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F3C9C7

Wow red - 10 min, and thank you. I read the instructions once very clear. G/J

NOTE FOR FAT FINGERS - I did find using the side of my 1/8 flathead screw driver as a great guide for the little magnetic rollers, they stuck right to the metal then I was able to slide the plastic side into its guide on the assembly. I don't see how anyones fingers fit in there.

Ohh and I have had my phone in my pocket for about a year before I got my case and its was clean. I did it to see if I could.
    Last edited by iseeyou626; 01-04-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: forgot a thought
    "Let each one prove what his own work is, ... and not in comparison with the other person." - Gal. 6:4

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba

Wow! great write up. I had a hard time trying to put it back together since its so small... but managed. Now the track ball works much easier.

Natex338 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245d8ba3

Great Post, very helpful thanks

Jamler no está en línea Stack level 1

Man, If I tried that... I know for sure I'd destroy the unit.... Just my luck.

ghtbooty17 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30705e71

Great job, this was so helpful! my phone was amess

robd2_2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

great info

jiggaman2g no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301D5887

AWESOME!!!!!!! I started to notice my trackball feeling kind of scetchy so I decided to give this cleaning a try. WOW talk about NASTY there was dust and built up dirt under the rim of the trackball casing and even some on the magnetic roller!!. Anyway cleaned it all out using a tiny screwdriver and pointed nose tweezers and even cleaned the trackball with some alchool that was left over from last nights series of intervention about liqour abuse...lol kidding. But all is well now phone feels brand new again SWWEEEETTTTTT THREAD!!!!
    Crackberry Pin 3053C148 (new pin)

azetbur no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Trackball Cleaning and Disassembly w/ PICTURES

Thanks for the info! Thought i had to replace my phone!

Mr.Kazaam no está en línea Stack level 1

Oh Kewl! Thx for posting! I didn't know you could clean your trackball out!

knightberlin no está en línea Stack level 2

Great post reddog! Helps a lot of us bb users!

Keep up the good work!

kertef no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you so much, I was able to do this in about 5 minutes and it worked perfectly on my 8130 using a blue sharpie. Thank you so much for this thread for I was rather upset when I found out I could not use Color pearl with the 8130 and a friend at work kept rubbing it in my face that it worked on his 8100 But now I am so very happy

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

I wish I knew how to do this. It seems I can't follow these instructions that good at all. Are there places in my local area (Philadelphia) that I can go to & pay to have it done? I pretty much need it done the same day.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast