today, my bb has been acting weird (being very slow, erasing call logs, and saying ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

supersilly no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down totally f-ed up my phone!!

Advertisement

today, my bb has been acting weird (being very slow, erasing call logs, and saying memory was full - even though i have a media card and more than half the available space open)... so a friend suggested i upgrade my software from the t-mobile website...

all is well, until halfway through.. my phone shuts off (or the screen just went dark) and like 20 min later, i see that the upgrade had froze. i closed it down.. and viola... my phone is absolutely f-ed! it's on because the red blinking light is blinking... but the screen and buttons are dead. it won't connect back to my computer, as my computer reads it as an unknown device. WHAT DO I DO?!?! ANY SUGGESTIONS??

i'm sure you sympathize... as i have learned to not know how to live without my phone, and now, without my blackberry!?!?

Johnni no está en línea Stack level 2
    i dont know what you could do..but i upgraded my software via tmobile as well and it runs perfectly and install was smooth.

one question, are you with tmobile?

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Did you take the battery out? If you're with TMo, call their support dept they might help you.

i am with tmobile... and i tried taking out the battery but it didnt do anything. ...hehe, i can't call support bc my phone doesnt work. i guess i'll have to wait and go to the store??

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d
    Call from a land line... they won't be able to do much if you call from your phone anyways.... 1-800-937-8997

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8
    You don't have to call anyone.

Clear the phone's memory with with JL Commander and then try to update. If this does not work, search for a thread with explanation of how to get rid of the 501 error message.

I was in the same situation and fixed the problem in no time. Just need to do some search.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Follow the Instructions here: To the Letter
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...vice+connected

Quote Originally Posted by supersilly
    today, my bb has been acting weird (being very slow, erasing call logs, and saying memory was full - even though i have a media card and more than half the available space open)... so a friend suggested i upgrade my software from the t-mobile website...

all is well, until halfway through.. my phone shuts off (or the screen just went dark) and like 20 min later, i see that the upgrade had froze. i closed it down.. and viola... my phone is absolutely f-ed! it's on because the red blinking light is blinking... but the screen and buttons are dead. it won't connect back to my computer, as my computer reads it as an unknown device. WHAT DO I DO?!?! ANY SUGGESTIONS??

i'm sure you sympathize... as i have learned to not know how to live without my phone, and now, without my blackberry!?!?

6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.

i can't get past this step... bc it does not recognize the device

i'm sorry, i dont know what that means... and i cant get onto the phone at all still. it's blackout .

Quote Originally Posted by Szadzik
    You don't have to call anyone.

Clear the phone's memory with with JL Commander and then try to update. If this does not work, search for a thread with explanation of how to get rid of the 501 error message.

I was in the same situation and fixed the problem in no time. Just need to do some search.

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8
    Quote Originally Posted by supersilly
    i'm sorry, i dont know what that means... and i cant get onto the phone at all still. it's blackout .
    There is a program Caled JL Commander. It's a small program, that lets you wipe your phone by means of command line. Even when the phone is turned off.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

thank you everyone for their help!! back in businesssssss!!

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Jl commander is your solution. Remember that after you wipe the handheld with jl ygr auto recognize might not find your device. Just choose load application and your load will continue as normal.

B