I know I know use the search button. thanks. I keep reading that I cant ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bandit86 no está en línea Stack level 1

total noob with stupid noon questions

Advertisement

I know I know use the search button. thanks.

I keep reading that I cant check hotmail messages on my bb, bell mobility tech support say's I can't because of a pop3 issue, but when I try to set it up the page says I have to enable outlook or outlook express in hotmail. What is that? The girls at the store insist they can check their hotmail email.

how much data do you guys use? I have a 4mb plan for $25, seems like not a whole lot, if I take a picture with a 2 megapixel camer it should be around 2mb, so if I send 2 pictures it'll cost me all 4 megabites? I couldn't find an unlimited plan.

I realise that depending on carrier it may work differently, but how does gps work? do I use data and minutes of my plan? Is it continous or does it download a chunk of map or stay connected? if I use gps for an hour driving around new york or anywhere else, roughly, what sort of a bill should I expect?

BusterJames no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2422753A

Re: total noob with stupid noon questions

Quote Originally Posted by bandit86 View Post

how much data do you guys use? I have a 4mb plan for $25, seems like not a whole lot, if I take a picture with a 2 megapixel camer it should be around 2mb, so if I send 2 pictures it'll cost me all 4 megabites? I couldn't find an unlimited plan.

I realise that depending on carrier it may work differently, but how does gps work? do I use data and minutes of my plan? Is it continous or does it download a chunk of map or stay connected? if I use gps for an hour driving around new york or anywhere else, roughly, what sort of a bill should I expect?
    Right on the data plan, think of it as a counter. Each time you utilize a BB service or app that uses data it will take away from the 4mb, when you have used the 4mb you will probably start getting charged for the extra usage. This can get expensive.
    Last edited by BusterJames; 11-23-2007 at 11:46 AM.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BusterJames View Post
    Right on the data plan, think of it as a counter. Each time you utilize a BB service or app that uses data it will take away from the 4mb, when you have used the 4mb you will probably start getting charged for the extra usage. This can get expensive.

I have an 8300, but the GPS I assume would work just like you went to an electronics store and bought a dedicated GPS device where there is no monthly charge. I think the Pearl GPS would work the same.
    VZW data plans are 10 MB and unlimited. I use the unlimited since I go through 5 to 15 MB a month.

As far as the GPS goes, you will be charged data transfer when usig the GPS and maps, whether it be telenav, MapQuest or BB Maps since all the GPS mapping programs go online to get maps of your current position and where you are traveling. Store purchased GPS systems have the entire area purchased for (i.e. North America, Europe) loaded and do not need data transfers for updating on the go.

BusterJames no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2422753A

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    VZW data plans are 10 MB and unlimited. I use the unlimited since I go through 5 to 15 MB a month.

As far as the GPS goes, you will be charged data transfer when usig the GPS and maps, whether it be telenav, MapQuest or BB Maps since all the GPS mapping programs go online to get maps of your current position and where you are traveling. Store purchased GPS systems have the entire area purchased for (i.e. North America, Europe) loaded and do not need data transfers for updating on the go.

Didn't know that about the GPS BB's, thanks.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i can check my msn account on my BB you should also

chel_in_il no está en línea Stack level 1

Being able to have Hotmail pushed to your BB depends on how your Hotmail account is setup. I've had my account since 2001, when Hotmail allowed people to use software such as Outlook or Outlook Express to retrieve mail (it's commonly called "POPing your mail," btw, as the protocol used is POP3). You have to specifically enable your Hotmail account to do this. This offering was phased out a few years ago, but the functionality, for those who had enabled it, remained. If you had never enabled it, or opened your Hotmail account after it was no longer offered, you need to upgrade your Hotmail to their paid service.

Michelle in Northern IL

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by bandit86 View Post
    Don't worry about asking questions... that's what we're here for. Let us know if you need anymore help