ok i need help uninstalling the preloaded ringtones and pictures pls... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kray21 no está en línea Stack level 1

total noob needs help =]

Advertisement

ok i need help uninstalling the preloaded ringtones and pictures pls

thestewside no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256C11B1

Re: total noob needs help =]

Good question, I followed these steps and there ya go!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ory_pearl.html
    Last edited by thestewside; 10-11-2007 at 12:17 PM.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Here's a relatively painless way.

1. Locate where your Java/.cod files are located. My are in this folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-4.2.2.123_P3.0.0.64 \Java

Yours will be in a similar location.

2. Make a new folder inside the Java folder and call it something you like. I named mine "Unused COD Files".

3. Move back up to the Java folder, select the files you want to remove, use cut and paste or drag/drop to move them into the folder you made in the previous step.

4. Connect your BB to the computer, run the desktop manager, and the files will be removed from your device. Here are the media files I was able to remove. Yours may be somewhat different:

net_rim_bb_media_8830_320x240_b.cod
    net_rim_bb_media_tunebundles_qualcomm.cod

This should get you started. One caution, if you remove the top file I listed, and your device allows you to create desktop folders, you will only be able to have manilla colored folders.

hey thanks guys

i do not have net_rim_bb_media_8830_320x240_b.cod and net_rim_bb_media_tunebundles_qualcomm.cod in the directory i also tried lookin for the files named in the increase memory thread posted above i still cant find them i used the search funtion and everything i know you said mine might be different any other ideas of what they could be?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by kray21
    i do not have net_rim_bb_media_8830_320x240_b.cod and net_rim_bb_media_tunebundles_qualcomm.cod in the directory i also tried looking for the files named in the increase memory thread posted above i still cant find them i used the search function and everything i know you said mine might be different any other ideas of what they could be?
    the cod files are not going to be exactly the same as was posted, but they should be similar. A lot of it is trial and error. i am running the 4.2.1.107 os and the cod files in mine is net_rim_bb_media_tunebundles_sonicnetworks.cod. You can also download os clean and it will remove most of the preloaded media, languages and such.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 12-20-2007 at 03:38 PM.

oooooh i see thanx

ncc1701p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask_me:)

ma077146:

Brilliant Post.. Ive been longing on a way to HOW to delete these annoying defaulted evil stuff. I tried Javaloader and it would always say "Module in Use" But doing it your way is so painless and effortless that you get a +1 to your pinstack sir!

Thank you again for the great simple instructions.. It also gave me a better understanding of how the Desktop Manager works. And I did this on my Blackberry 8830.